Focus RS Forum banner
601 - 620 of 654 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
I thought, if it would be a software problem and the car of a friend doesn't have the problem - maxbe he has other Software Versions on the car.

But their all the same...
ahhh, gotcha! There doesnt seem to be any patterns emerging at all

Arnold Clark in Aberdeen got back to me - "Sorry Sir, its a safety feature and we are not allowed to switch it off".

I couldnt be bothered to argue

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
recently experienced this in my mk3...it felt weird, bit like severe torque steer but coming from all over the place, the old girl got a bit of a handful during that moment!!, wasn't giving full beans either, but the b road was not the best, cambers and not flat...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've noticed with the veering steering is that the harder you hold on to keep it straight the worse it feels.
Still baffled though that this hasn't been resolved or even acknowledged by ford

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lateral offset problems in accelerations are exclusively due to the "drift pull compensation" system. The dealer can disable it. It is also deactivated when the esp is completely deactivated (10 seconds of pressing the button).

https://www.focusrsforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=20318

Sorry for my english and sorry if it has already been explained here I have not read the 31 pages lol.

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
Lateral offset problems in accelerations are exclusively due to the "drift pull compensation" system. The dealer can disable it. It is also deactivated when the esp is completely deactivated (10 seconds of pressing the button).

https://www.focusrsforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=20318

Sorry for my english and sorry if it has already been explained here I have not read the 31 pages lol.
Hi - some members have had it disabled and still had the symptoms, not one thing seems to have fixed it although it has gone a lot quieter with owners mentioning it, either they got used to it or it happens less or they just gave up complaining I'm not sure which?

PS don't apologise your English is more than up to the job :nice:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok. On mine with the front tires at 2.6bar instead of 2.8bar, it's less nervous, and with the esp completely off I find the problem is gone.
It remains a fairly powerful car, and tires very inflated with springs a little stiff are all parameters that accentuate this kind of reactions.
For now I have not found how to disable the pull drift compensation with Forscan, many people say just dealer can do this, but if it is possible with Forscan it would be great !

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a possibility but I don't want to see them anymore because I have a noise (like "clac", a bit little i confess) on well degraded roads and when I climb some speed bumps a bit steep or when I pass on a gate rail, so I'm went to the dealer a month ago showing them that I also had this:

They changed the steering rack and it did not solve anything.

So not very happy...

·
Registered
513 Posts
I tried everything - pressures from 30 to 40psi all tried on same road, geometry checked by 2 different garages, Pdc off/on/off, not lowered/lowered 20mm, no spacers/spacers 12.5mm, ESC totally off/on/held 10 secs in all modes and it still did it.

Changed my supersports for PS4s and it still moves but only about 5% of what it did. Doesnt do it at all on my 18 track wheels with toyo proxes, on the exact same roads that used to try and kill me on the 19 supersports!! 👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't understand everything in the 2nd part sorry, with ps4s it it s "nervous" to the height of 5% or 95% compared to pss ?
And with the 18' the reactions are completely disappeared ?

One person say with Ucds he have an error in writing so i don't if it's possible.

There is a free version of Ucds ? I can try but if i have to pay 200euro for Ucds i prefer go see my dealer it will be less expansive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok. The factory PSS have been developed by Michelin for more fun and mobility, they are stiffer, perhaps too stiffer... (this PSS only sell by Ford is marked "00KX" like we know it)

But all this is still strange because many people are bothered by the same problems on ST and ST does not have the same tires. And with the PDC desactivated they solve the problem.

At first I thought it came from the RDU that did not grow evenly between right and left in straight line.

My PSS have to be changed before the end of the year but i will continue to looking for desactivated this PDC system because even if the spurious reactions are weak I do not want this system, it is useless and I do not want any spurious reactions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some interessant informations here for use Forscan : https://mondeo-mk5.de/forum/index.php?thread/3030-de-aktivierung-pull-drift-compensation/&pageNo=2

Edit :

The line they are talking about must be valid only for Mondeo or F150 because i just plugged my focus to forscan and in the PSCM module i only have one line, here it is : 730 01 01 326B
There is no line 730 01 02, which I do not know how to do with, maybe i have to switch to Ms can or Hs can I do not know too much, yet I bought a real elm327 that supposed to do Ms can and Hs can, but i don't know if ii have do the switch in Forscan or not.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
I have never used UCDS because to buy the original it is like $200 from Russia

The one in your link looks like a Chinese clone/hack with 35 uses?

I think you should buy it and see if it works.........then let us all know :nice:

601 - 620 of 654 Posts