Focus RS Forum banner
621 - 640 of 654 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
The Clone Version of ucds will maybe work with a cracked version of the software.

For sure not with the original.

The actual version of UCDS does not support PDC on/off.

It shows "all written" but if you reload it`s still of.

The next version will support it again.

For the meantime, there is a beta version, which is able to change the settings.

You can read this in the ucds forum (for ucds owner ;) )

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Clone Version of ucds will maybe work with a cracked version of the software.

For sure not with the original.

The actual version of UCDS does not support PDC on/off.

It shows "all written" but if you reload it`s still of.

The next version will support it again.

For the meantime, there is a beta version, which is able to change the settings.

You can read this in the ucds forum (for ucds owner ;) )
Ok, thank you. And this solution cost ~200$€£.

There isn't any solution to disconnect this awful PDC for less than 100 ? And without the dealer (I think that they will not accept, it's even very possible that they will not know what the Pdc is and i will get mad !!).

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Ok, thank you. And this solution cost ~200$€£.

There isn't any solution to disconnect this awful PDC for less than 100 ? And without the dealer (I think that they will not accept, it's even very possible that they will not know what the Pdc is and i will get mad !!).
No other Solution.

Or wait a second - you can use the OpenPort 2.0 controller, create an account on Etis (as Garage or Fake),

log in change the settings via Etis for yourself > cost arround $20, which you can pay via credit card.

But - it's all logged, as like your Ford dealer had change it.....

UCDS with license ans so on is arround 225-230€

But the problem isn't PDC - problem are the tyres.

PDC disabled drives better, up to 90-100km/h, but it's not funny at higher speeds. (my own experience with Michelin f**inh tyres)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll can try, but i don't know what do you mean by OpenPort 2.0 Controller, when i write this in Google i find a Tactrix interface which is expansive.

I have a genuine Elm327 usb interface, i can connect my PC/Etis acvpunt with the car with the Elm327 ? Or it isn't the good protocole ?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I'll can try, but i don't know what do you mean by OpenPort 2.0 Controller, when i write this in Google i find a Tactrix interface which is expansive.

I have a genuine Elm327 usb interface, i can connect my PC/Etis acvpunt with the car with the Elm327 ? Or it isn't the good protocole ?
You need an J2534 interface. not an ELm327

or in other words: there is no cheaper solution than go to your Ford Garage for changing.

or find somebody with ucds (and of corse the new betwa version of ucds)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeaterday, I got new tyres.

Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2

Only been driven 80km so far.

But it seems there is no veering steering and it`s a lot less nervous at all!!

Tested it with standard pressure 2,8bar/2,6bar.

But I wll go down to 2,6/2,4 or maybe 2,5/2,3

at 2,3/2,3 you loose speed after 270 ord 280km/h :) :D :)
I have recently changed tyres to Goodyear F1 Assy3 and experienced considerable less torque steer/veering than with original tyres. Together with stiffer front lower suspension arm bushes the car is more predictable under WOT acceleration.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I tried everything - pressures from 30 to 40psi all tried on same road, geometry checked by 2 different garages, Pdc off/on/off, not lowered/lowered 20mm, no spacers/spacers 12.5mm, ESC totally off/on/held 10 secs in all modes and it still did it.
Changed my supersports for PS4s and it still moves but only about 5% of what it did. Doesnt do it at all on my 18 track wheels with toyo proxes, on the exact same roads that used to try and kill me on the 19 supersports!!
I also fitted the PS4s to the front of mine on Friday, and agree that it's a lot better but still has a hint of veering. Not sure I would even notice it though if the car was like this from new, it's just because I know the situations where it used to happen so now I'm really looking for it.

I now don't feel like such a ******* when giving it the beans as I'm not weaving all over the place.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I also fitted the PS4s to the front of mine on Friday, and agree that it's a lot better but still has a hint of veering. Not sure I would even notice it though if the car was like this from new, it's just because I know the situations where it used to happen so now I'm really looking for it.

I now don't feel like such a :censored: when giving it the beans as I'm not weaving all over the place.
Exactly the same mate 👍

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
Was there ever a conclusion to this.
I see that most threads where this was quite emotive are now quiet.
Did we conclude it was the OE fit Michelin tyres.
My old RS was better once I made sure geo was nigh straight ahead. I didn't keep it long enough to replace the tyres
Some got it - others didn't, the one's that got it seemed to have it bad. Various things tried, from tyre pressures, different tyres, geo etc.

I never had the problem on MPSS or PS4s to be fair

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
no definitive answer......somethings worked for some people, some things worked for others.

the only one that seemed to have more consistent results was 18" wheels (but that would have a tyre change too obviously)

621 - 640 of 654 Posts