Focus RS Forum banner
641 - 654 of 654 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,023 Posts
I believe this is tyre-related for me too as I never had a veering issue from new and was always impressed with the performance and grip but now the tyres are nearly 4 years old and scrubbed to shiz on the outer edge i'm noticing you need to hold onto the steering wheel tighter and fight a bit more for control! o_O 😅
Definitely looking forward to getting 4 brand new ones on asap and get that grip and feeling of comfort/safety back haha! :LOL: :) (y)

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
I believe this is tyre-related for me too as I never had a veering issue from new and was always impressed with the performance and grip but now the tyres are nearly 4 years old and scrubbed to shiz on the outer edge i'm noticing you need to hold onto the steering wheel tighter and fight a bit more for control! o_O 😅
Definitely looking forward to getting 4 brand new ones on asap and get that grip and feeling of comfort/safety back haha! :LOL: :) (y)
I've still never experienced it even when the front Super Sports got down to 2.5mm. On PS4S now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had it on the super sport tyres. Since changing to the PS4s after the super sports wore out, I don't get veering steering anymore. I don't have pdc turned off as far as i know. Running m400x map.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
My Blue Edition still suffers from the veering but I sort of got used to it and know when it will happen so I'm ready for it, had PDC turned off over 2 years ago which made no difference. Original supersports are on17k miles and still not ready for changing, hopefully tyres are the solution.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
My Blue Edition still suffers from the veering but I sort of got used to it and know when it will happen so I'm ready for it, had PDC turned off over 2 years ago which made no difference. Original supersports are on17k miles and still not ready for changing, hopefully tyres are the solution.
Good afternoon Bry, I had the veering happen on mine, but swapped tyres to the new Michelin ones about 1000 miles ago and had no issue, so it looks like it may well be the tyres.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Change the tires.

It's a know issue.

btw: the original tires maybe good for 30k miles... so change it. It's a night and day difference.

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
If you can squeeze 30k from the originals it's likely you don't often venture into the exiting world of veering steering😲

JohnD
Depends if you rotate the tyres or not. I don't and I got 22k out of my front tyres, changing them at 2.6mm tread. Because of the AWD, the tyre last longer than the Focus ST I had before because it was so easy to light up the front tyres. In the RS, the slightest slip and the rear kicks in, negating and loss of traction.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If you can squeeze 30k from the originals it's likely you don't often venture into the exiting world of veering steering😲

JohnD
smash my into the trash with 12.000km on it and 5mm left....

normal set of tires is good for 15, max 20.000km.

but the original Michelin ar hard as rock.

hankook s1 evo² =17.000km
Michelin P4S =18.000km
and then they have 1mm left.

chaning front/rear every 5000-7000km

But a friend of mine has driven 45.000km with the stock michelin....

How ever the stock set of Michlin tires are real ****!

641 - 654 of 654 Posts