Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone,

As mentioned by 1000+ other members.. i'm after a map. The car has just been fully forged however is still on the standard map. It has a turbo back exhaust, plenum, ported manifold, pro alloy breather, actuator, recirc, induction..but nothing more (performance wise). Has anyone got any reviews on the MSD flash maps? I need advice on whether it's worth staying on the standard map until i can afford an intercooler and injectors or if a stage 1 will be worth the smiles for a while. Especially as Simply ford & IOW Takeover are coming up very soon..

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

:rs: Olly

·
Premium Member
9,875 Posts
With all those base mods your possibilties are endless! :yep:

You could go with any tuner and have a high torque map with injectors around 400/420bhp! :woohoo:
Good luck with your choice! :nice:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had the msd 380 map put on my car last summer, can’t fault it, nice and smooth, not too aggressive like the blue fin map i had before, when it was put on the rollers it did 386 hp

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Unfortunately without adding some more bits you are not going to be able to take full advantage of the forged build :(

You should think about

Uprated clutch, injectors, intercooler (Stage 2), and upgraded fuel pump. Then go Revo 4+ or maybe even Syvecs - BUT you will need the aforementioned parts to do this.

Then its bigger brakes, coilovers etc.... the list goes on !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts