Focus RS Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1009 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
To be fair Neo, it had 'dabbled' in that area prior to this (mudflaps etc) just never left first base until yesterday! 😂
:laughing:
:facepalm:
I remember I gave you my original plastic plenum too in case you ever needed a replacement bonnet :laughing:

Life's too short dude. That 5 cylinder was meant to be heard. And enjoyed. Sensible to go up in phases see how you get on.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
:laughing:
:facepalm:
I remember I gave you my original plastic plenum too in case you ever needed a replacement bonnet :laughing:

Life's too short dude. That 5 cylinder was meant to be heard. And enjoyed. Sensible to go up in phases see how you get on.
Yup, and I still have it! The original one that came off yesterday got ditched... The 350 is a great package and does release some of that I5 potential, and I love the fact that most of the gains are made purely by opening up the restrictions; perhaps just goes to show exactly how 'toned down' (not in a bad way) the standard car is.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
I went from standard to MR375 a couple years ago and wished I'd done it when it was first released. Had MR420 fitted yesterday and ditto. The 375 was a bit of a hooligan but the 420 is smooth but savage in equal measure, 24 hours in and I love it!
Ah, I wondered what you might have been doing there! Happy days 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
I went from standard to MR375 a couple years ago and wished I'd done it when it was first released. Had MR420 fitted yesterday and ditto. The 375 was a bit of a hooligan but the 420 is smooth but savage in equal measure, 24 hours in and I love it!
420 is good Andy. But needs a spec r intercooler. Next on my shopping list for the car.

·
Banned
1,226 Posts
I’ve just bought 2x RS500 badges for £46 new in Ford packaging from dreaded ebay, for placement as per the RS500 positioning but onto the Mk3.

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
If things do go back to normal maybe as has been suggested we organise a mountune meet

No
Idea where or how but defo something for the future

Im sure the fez lot and well every mountune person would be up for it

Next to cars and coffee it would be fun as a stand alone idea

Hmmmmmmm let me think if its a legit get together what are the implications
Insurances ,risk assessments

Any thoughts on venue this will never be to everyones liking Im sure

Will we have to ask for a spark plug so so one goes all ego with races and crackle maps
Like handing in your six shooter so not to start a punch up

All ideas welcome its only an idea
All comments welcome even negative ones but try and give an idea of overcoming it rather than just
Doom and gloom

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
If things do go back to normal maybe as has been suggested we organise a mountune meet
No
Idea where or how but defo something for the future
Im sure the fez lot and well every mountune person would be up for it
Next to cars and coffee it would be fun as a stand alone idea
Hmmmmmmm let me think if its a legit get together what are the implications
Insurances ,risk assessments
Any thoughts on venue this will never be to everyones liking Im sure
Will we have to ask for a spark plug so so one goes all ego with races and crackle maps
Like handing in your six shooter so not to start a punch up
All ideas welcome its only an idea
All comments welcome even negative ones but try and give an idea of overcoming it rather than just
Doom and gloom
Would be nice to have a dedicated Mountune meet sometime this year but unto this covid is under control we'll have to wait a while,something to look forward to

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Yeah the list hasn't been updated for ages; my MT350 was done in 2019 and I don't think I'm on there! Ho hum 😄

981 - 1000 of 1009 Posts