Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Previously Si.
1,617 Posts
Hi guys.

I received TWO separate letters today from SUK confirming both our Skoda's are caught up in the VW group emissions saga. God knows what the implications will be long term, but short term my Blackline has lost about £1200 in ten days going off WBAC quotes. I was trading this in against a mk3 RS in March (I was confirmed to be in the 1st batch) but have had to pull out of the deal because of uncertainty of my Octavia future value.

Anyway, long and short of it is I'm either going to buy a mk3 further down the line, or maybe buy another mk2, or even might wait for a special edition mk3 like the RS500. My plan is to NOT trade the Octavia in, as I might as well keep that as my daily, and perhaps get to the point where I have an RS garage queen that only comes out in nice dry weather.

But remembering back when the RS500 was sold out in, what was it, a day? The 100 cars were snapped up by a few lucky people, most I understand we're working within the Ford network meaning mere mortals never had a chance to buy one.

So.......would it be the same again with a mk3 special edition? Is it actually worth waiting for?

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Who knows, there's bound to be something but whether it will be anything more than a special colour or wrap etc?

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
I doubt anyone has a concrete answer to that question. Something that offers a new colour would be good, given the amount of discussion and IMO lack of anything that special in the colour range.

·
Premium Member
23,438 Posts
If i were buying this time round, i'd wait for a later car (my mk2 is an earlyish car), i wouldn't be surprised if Ford surprise us with a 'special' car near the production run. :yep:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I had registered my interest in any special edition with my Ford dealer at the start of the production in 2009 and had repeatedly contacted them about any news. As soon as they had news on the RS500 it had been sold out so was pointless. It meant I missed out on a MK2 as I like to buy my cars new and felt rather bitter that I couldn't get the special edition. This time I'm not making the same mistake, so I have ordered early. If there is a special edition, I'm not interested, as I will be using the :rs: as a daily and couldn't justify doing that with a special edition.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I'm sure there will be a standard hotter 380bhp focus RS in liquid blue before the new 2018 focus comes out

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
If they do a 500 I can't see it being as iconic as the Mk2, so can't see it holding the £££ as the Mk2..

And Ok it's got the badge (and not to be disrespectful) all it has is some red stitching, MP upgrade and a Black Wrap. And you loose Keyless entry to-boot...

Could the MK3 have a 500 based on it being a global platform, The UK got about 100 of the 500's last time, how may would the UK get now that not only do we have Europe, but the other continents too, the Americas, Asia etc... So with possibly less allocation we will have even less chance of getting one than before...

It would be interesting to see if America get beyond 500 Mk3's at the rate the guys have mentioned - so they'll have their (unbadged) 500 (or less) anyway...

The RS500 is part of the heritage of the RS, so a RS1000 wouldn't do it for me, would kind of spoil the '500' heritage...

Not sure I dreamt this or....... - It'll be Liquid Blue, Gold Bremobo's and Anthracite Forged Alloys with MP 395 (whatever).

Get the Standard car and stick on the MP when it comes out....

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
If they do a 500 I can't see it being as iconic as the Mk2, so can't see it holding the £££ as the Mk2..

And Ok it's got the badge (and not to be disrespectful) all it has is some red stitching, MP upgrade and a Black Wrap. And you loose Keyless entry to-boot...

Could the MK3 have a 500 based on it being a global platform, The UK got about 100 of the 500's last time, how may would the UK get now that not only do we have Europe, but the other continents too, the Americas, Asia etc... So with possibly less allocation we will have even less chance of getting one than before...

It would be interesting to see if America get beyond 500 Mk3's at the rate the guys have mentioned - so they'll have their (unbadged) 500 (or less) anyway...

The RS500 is part of the heritage of the RS, so a RS1000 wouldn't do it for me, would kind of spoil the '500' heritage...

Not sure I dreamt this or....... - It'll be Liquid Blue, Gold Bremobo's and Anthracite Forged Alloys with MP 395 (whatever).

Get the Standard car and stick on the MP when it comes out....
Could you tell us also , did we exit the EU, as you seems to know a lot of what's going to happen in 2017 ? :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
[quote name="the radman" post="3331977" timestamp="1444753132"]it will be a special edition with electric adjustable and heated seats,illuminated scuff plates,heated wheel and any colour of your choice :rofl:[/quote.

As long as its black, after all it is a Ford.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.