Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a bit of an issue with my car. When the engine is cold it starts first time and runs perfectly with no issues but if I switch the engine off when it's up to temperature or been on a run and try to start it again there’s nothing, doesn’t turn over and won't fire at all. Leave the car to cool down for 30-40 minutes and again it starts first push of the button and runs perfectly???? The car is running a Syvecs ecu. Anybody have any ideas where to start looking for the possible fault? I have changed the battery & alternator, had the starter checked, relay & clutch sensor but still happening…

Thanks in advance 😊

·
Registered
817 Posts
Give devil developments a call and they will be able to look into the fault remotely, plug the Ethernet cable that's attached to your ecu into a laptop with internet access and they'll look into it for you

·
Registered
817 Posts
If it's any sensor breakdown or something electrical that the ecu controls then a code will be logged and by reading the ecu you should be able to pin point it by plugging it in and getting a syvecs dealer to look over it. It's where I'd start anyway

·
Registered
59 Posts
If its not turning over it could be the starter. They do sometimes work again once cooled down, ive had a few like that on different cars. Check to see if theres power going to it when you press the start button. If there is, its the starter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had this with mine was a crack in Ribbon in ecu get a second hand one £50 get scc to clone it.
was caused by something Mountune did when it went 420 as back then had to take ecu out it’s casing to map or something along them lines.

·
Registered
FW MK2 JWR100. FW MK3 FPM375
988 Posts
If its not turning over it could be the starter. They do sometimes work again once cooled down, ive had a few like that on different cars. Check to see if theres power going to it when you press the start button. If there is, its the starter.
I had exactly this on an old Astra last year. It turned out to be the starter. Caught us out twice on a hot day with a full shopping trolley at Tesco. 🙈 I gave the car away to a mate who is a mechanic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts