Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking to find a replacement drivers wing mirror as mine has been smashed on a narrow road against another car...
I have found some on ebay around £40 but none are specifically for the RS, they do say they fit however will they still have the folding function?
Im trying to stay away from asking ford as I know it will be atleast 3-4x as much.
Also if anyone has ever changed theirs is the replacement difficult to do?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cammy, spoke to ford and was quoted around £300... Waiting on a call back from JW hopefully is less than that!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I had one from Ford (the a fault driver paid). Think it was c. £450 all in fitted. There are lots of parts that make the mirror unit..... Now my left and right mirrors look identical, but the insides are slightly different (puddle light bulb set up is different IIRC).

I'd get it from Ford...

·
Registered
461 Posts
The mirror from fords for just the shell and motor is £191 all in
Then add the glass etc on top.

I'm also just after a motor or new unit as my n/s mirror has packed up..

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Nice one i was just looking again and it says electric heated so i presume it would be folding as well :nice:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The motors for the folding and mirror adjustment are still working, it's the outer casing that is all cracked and the gloss black shell has lost some clips I belive, so hopefully i can just get the parts I need instead of a whole new wingmirror.
Ill try post some pics to show the damage..thanks for the europarts link really great price! May consider that depending how much JW quote me

·
Registered
461 Posts
You won't be able to replace that on its own without the motor I don't think .. As its one unit .. Seeing as the glass case has broke..

Even at £66 buys you a whole new unit and just buy the black mirror from fords. Still quids in by a mile

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea that may be the best option, browsing ebay and there are quite alot of black covers all around £15 none specific to rs though and hard to tell from the small picture if they are the right ones

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did something similar on reversing into my garage.

There's a post on here with all the part details... Circa £400-500 iirc for the genuine Ford items(s)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts