Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pinged a message over to Dan @Adrianflux for clarification but thought I would ask on here as well...

If I go down the route of claiming for a new windscreen on my MK3 then....

1) Will it drastically affect my premium price when it comes up for renewel in July? (I ask this cos I know these screens are not cheap and insurers need to recoup their costs)

2) Will I be obligated to tell any potential future insurers of the claim?

Excuse my ignorance as I havent had to claim for a new screen before - all I know is that there is a £90 excess to pay for replacement.

·
Premium Member
13,138 Posts
Just pinged a message over to Dan @Adrianflux for clarification but thought I would ask on here as well...

If I go down the route of claiming for a new windscreen on my MK3 then....

1) Will it drastically affect my premium price when it comes up for renewel in July? (I ask this cos I know these screens are not cheap and insurers need to recoup their costs)

2) Will I be obligated to tell any potential future insurers of the claim?

Excuse my ignorance as I havent had to claim for a new screen before - all I know is that there is a £90 excess to pay for replacement.
I am with Adrian Flux and they were very helpful when I damaged my windscreen on my MK2. I wanted an original OEM screen and that was all agreed and no it didn't affect my renewal premium as it was delt with under windscreen claims as mentioned. Yep you will have to mention it if you change insurers but that's not a big deal.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys - just to add that Dan @Adrian Flux got back to me and pretty much confirmed what you all have said and also the fact that I dont have to declare it to future insurers as it wont go on record again me!

cheers once again all - I shall insist on a Ford screen too.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
tagging onto this thread - my windscreen has just cracked and about to start a claim with Aviva.

any tips on what to do to get the OEM screen?

·
Premium Member
5,680 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
i started a claim, redirected immediatly to AutoGlass and its all online....nothing to confirm the glass type. Guess ill have to phone them.

·
Premium Member
13,138 Posts
tagging onto this thread - my windscreen has just cracked and about to start a claim with Aviva.

any tips on what to do to get the OEM screen?
Disscuss it with Aviva as they will have to authorise a genuine Ford replacement and they are a lot more expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Disscuss it with Aviva as they will have to authorise a genuine Ford replacement and they are a lot more expensive.
will do - like everyone else, they have a big sign on their website saying "Corona virus issues - please use the online service" or something like that

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Finally got screen replaced - Aviva not interested and told to speak to Autoglass.......they input details into computer and it says........YES!

I got it replaced today, looks good although a weird noise front bottom....sounds like the glue moving and creaking. Car will sit for a few days now so will see if its still there

·
Premium Member
Mk3 RS FPM375
380 Posts
Well, I had my windscreen replaced about 6 weeks ago - although for the record, I was not with Flux.

Got the assurances it doesn't affect premiums or NCB... and this morning my renewal arrived and was 25.8% higher than last year.

Spoke to the company, who said they couldn't see anything other than the windscreen claim "so it must be that"

Needless to say, I've moved.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Well, I had my windscreen replaced about 6 weeks ago - although for the record, I was not with Flux.

Got the assurances it doesn't affect premiums or NCB... and this morning my renewal arrived and was 25.8% higher than last year.

Spoke to the company, who said they couldn't see anything other than the windscreen claim "so it must be that"

Needless to say, I've moved.
who were you with ?

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Mines went up £20 - so i just stuck with them as couldnt be bothered declaring all the mods again........

All my insurances have went up this summer (car, house, bike and caravan). Only 2 of them could i manage to get cheaper

·
Premium Member
Mk3 RS FPM375
380 Posts
No surprise, they are not RS friendly at all
Insured it last year for £20 more than my previous Mk2 ST.

The missus had a Mk7.5 ST with them, bought a Mk8 ST PE and the quote for that was more than for the RS! :lol:

Insurance never ceases to bemuse me. Got the usual "premiums are on the rise" line, despite the fact I'm sat in front of a report about the fact they've dropped an average of 10% this year.

Still, moved to Flux, saved money, lower excess...

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Insurance is bizarre...my focus insurance came down despite it getting stolen last year...

And with windscreens..it has never affected my insurance.my last one was for the sierra. Didnt expect to get a proper heated screen but hey presto ...i did...now the whole screen works not just the central third. 🤣🤣🤣

1 - 20 of 32 Posts