Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, can anyone recommend a window tinting company based in Essex please that does a good job using quality films.

I prefer taking the car to them rather than them coming out to me in order to have a dust free / clean environment.

I know of Pentagon but after others too.

I want to tint the windows on my other car at the rear for the baby.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bro get a can of black spray lol

Seriously though I don't as it goes
haha, very good

i found a company and called the guy

http://www.essexautotints.co.uk/contacts.php

he sounds like he knows his stuff and is ok. uses suntek carbon film (second best from the top). £170 for rears and lifetime guarantee.

think i'll try him out

3m material also good but suntek seems to have a big presence also doing some searching.

it's a 10 year old merc e class at the end of the day, think it'll be ok

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
You want Terry tints just off the Retendon turnpike on the old road to south Woodham Ferrers.

Lifetime guarantee, £25 a window what more could you want. He comes highly recommended.

Give him a ring on 07961 542533

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You want Terry tints just off the Retendon turnpike on the old road to south Woodham Ferrers.

Lifetime guarantee, £25 a window what more could you want. He comes highly recommended.

Give him a ring on 07961 542533
Thx

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update all, tints now done.

I called Terry, nice chap. But his availability was 3-4 days and I needed the job done now. But thanks once again for the recommendation. Therefore I decided to go with Nick at Essex Auto Tints as he had a spare slot for yesterday afternoon.

So to provide you with an update of my experience:

The film Nick uses is the one from SunTek, the Carbon option. See link.

http://www.suntekfilms.com/automotive/suntek-window-films-automotive.aspx

As a side note, Terry uses film from ASWF:

http://www.aswf.com for anyone interested. I am not sure which grade. Both good films.

Nick spent about 3.5 hours working on the car. His work is very good. To the point that you think the windows came tinted from the manufacturer, you simply cannot tell they have had an aftermarket job.

The workshop is clean and organised, as is his approach to his work. He takes his time to get things just right, it isn't a rush job in and out you go.

He works on lots of high end cars from Mercedes, Porsche, BMWs, etc.

The film is high quality and has a lifetime guarantee.

I would recommend Nick. He listens to you and includes you in the process. If he isn't happy with anything he starts again. That's what you want. If you're not happy with anything he'll fix it. In simple terms you can work with the bloke. He is approachable and doesn't mind you watching over him as he works on your car.

I hope sharing this information helps other members who are interested in tinting their car windows.

I've attached some pictures of the car below. I went for dark smoke on the rear, obviously in the daylight it is lighter but in the workshop the light was limited.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.