Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer Apply "SuperGuard" or use a detailer ?
Will You Let The Dealer Apply "SuperGuard" or use a detailer ?
Spend the money on a pro detailer4081.63%
Leave it to the dealer / car cleaner / valet24.08%
Not bother with either714.29%

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure on the price the dealer will ask for the application of the "SuperGuard" treatment but I`ve previously been quoted circa £500..... so ....

Will you with your new spanky RS on its way , go for a dealer applied solution or spend the equivalent on a pro detailer ?

·
Forum midget
4,007 Posts
I would get a Detailer on the job before you decide anything. I'm assuming the Mk3 will be transported the same way to the dealers as the Mk2. Late 2009 loads of people were reporting rust speckles on the paint. This turned out to be iron fillings from the transport trains brakes.

I ahd mine detailed before it hit the raos and the Detailer found loads of said particles on the rear end boot hatch including the rear window, the clay bar sorted that :nice:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Neither, mine will undergo the following:

Snowfoam
wash using 2 bucket method
Iron-x and clay bar (grade to be assessed)
wash using 2 bucket method again
DA polish
Chem Guys Jet Seal 109 or Gtechniq paint / glass
Chem Guys Butter wet wax 2 coats
wheels removed, cleaned and Gtechniq C5 wheel armour applied
Gtechniq fabric protection on interior
Chemical Guys speed wipe quick detail

All done by me! So 4th 'diy' option needed :wink'

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Interesting.I was asked about this at the dealers (what a surprise!!). Not had a new car before - so thought this was a good idea, but if the dealers are only doing it so they earn more money i.e. not doing a proper specc'd job, where would I need to go for this to be done in Hertfordshire, and how often would it need doing???

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
Get it professionally detailed, but please, for the love of god get a good quality and reputable detailer to do it - especially if you're going down the ceramic sealant or glasscoat route with them.

The process I use on New Car Detail treatments is;

* thorough wash and full 3 stage decontamination process
* inspect vehicle paintwork for defects
* single or two stage polish pending inspection report
* glasscoating (Modesta)
* clean interior and apply fabric and leather guards
* remove wheels to deep clean and apply glasscoating to faces and backs, plus calipers.
* apply long life glass sealant to all windows
* protect engine plastics and rubbers with relevant dressings

If you're doing it yourself unless you have a controlled environment to work in I'd steer clear of ceramic coatings and machine polishing as you risk doing more harm than good - likewise if you've never used them before, you can make a mistake and you won't know until it's too late and the product has 'set'.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Had my Cupra detailed by a lad off the Megane rs web site, even takes the whheels off and does callipers and arches, fab job. Pop on the site and have a look at the cars he gets to do. LiquildF is his user name. Works out of Croydon if any one is intested pm me.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Supaguard NO , tbh I would be very suprised if they applied it properly, take it to a detailer ,personally I would do it myself as thats half the enjoyment (for me anyway) , the supaguard carpet treatment etc does work but exterior wise there is far better products imo

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i work in BMW as a detailing manger and they charge £350.00 for the super guard kit

and all we do is apply the super guard polish (leave for 24 hours to queuer) apply the wheel

protection and the same with the interior protection the rest of the kit we put in the boot

for the customers to do with what they wish IMO it is a big rip off for what you pay for :facepalm:

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,078 Posts
Get it professionally detailed, but please, for the love of god get a good quality and reputable detailer to do it - especially if you're going down the ceramic sealant or glasscoat route with them.

The process I use on New Car Detail treatments is;

* thorough wash and full 3 stage decontamination process
* inspect vehicle paintwork for defects
* single or two stage polish pending inspection report
* glasscoating (Modesta)
* clean interior and apply fabric and leather guards
* remove wheels to deep clean and apply glasscoating to faces and backs, plus calipers.
* apply long life glass sealant to all windows
* protect engine plastics and rubbers with relevant dressings

If you're doing it yourself unless you have a controlled environment to work in I'd steer clear of ceramic coatings and machine polishing as you risk doing more harm than good - likewise if you've never used them before, you can make a mistake and you won't know until it's too late and the product has 'set'.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
+1

Paint work should be checked and corrected if needed before applying any semi/permanent coating. Brand new car means nothing paint work condition wise.

If any detailer thinks other wise then walk away.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i work in BMW as a detailing manger and they charge £350.00 for the super guard kit

and all we do is apply the super guard polish (leave for 24 hours to queuer) apply the wheel

protection and the same with the interior protection the rest of the kit we put in the boot

for the customers to do with what they wish IMO it is a big rip off for what you pay for :facepalm:
This justifies exactly what I already thought hence mine will be going to detailer prior to protective clear wrap for the frontal stone chip zones

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.