Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like if I want to get on the housing ladder I'm going to have to move further out then I do currently, which of course means a longer commute. At the moment my commute is around a whole 6 miles a day, so nothing really.

Just a quick question for those who use their RS as a daily and do decently long commutes, what sort of mileage do you get out of it? Am potentially looking between 40 and 50 miles a day, mostly on the motorway. Putting the mileage on the car doesn't bother me, and to be honest getting rid of it is really a last resort so hoping it doesn't come to that!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, am Revo stage 4 and have thought that changing the map to a lower tune using the SPS switch might also help. If I can hit 30mpg will be more then happy.

How much roughly a month do you guys budget for fuel?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Daily for me. Some 25 miles (mostly urban with a little dual carriageway) in total, some days a little more. I average 23-24mpg (MR375) if regularly boosting :cool: . If I drive carefully trying to not boost :nope: , then I can easily get 35mpg.

Long trip a few days ago I averaged 35mpg (motorway miles with top box and push bike on roof), which crashed to 33mpg with one single boost off a roundabout!! :whistle:

·
Premium Member
13,254 Posts
I use my RS most days and do about 8k a year. 28mpg average mixed driving up to 34mpg on longer journeys. Running MR375 std was around 24-26mpg mixed driving.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
I drove mine to work every day for the first 3+ years 30 mile round trip daily, averaged between 26-28mpg

Haven't used :RS: as a daily since February 2013 due to wife's shoulder problem

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
I normally get 28 mpg going to work and back but this week I went from home to Sheffield and back on Monday and Halifax Tuesday and Wednesday managed 35 mpg which I think is good.

Nigel.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

Looks like I might need to budget around 200 quid a month for fuel then which is what I was thinking anyway so happy days, looks like its staying!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Use mine as a daily to commute and I can do from 1000 to 2000 miles a month. Currently getting 29mpg and spend between £200 and £400 a month on fuel.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts