Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a decat and will soon be putting it on the car however I don't want the engine management light to be on, I thought I could get his solved by getting it mapped to stage one, however I have been told it has to be stage 2.
What difference does it make?
The ECU is being modified so why can't they just turn it off? Or am I being stupid??

Thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have just purchased a decat and will soon be putting it on the car however I don't want the engine management light to be on, I thought I could get his solved by getting it mapped to stage one, however I have been told it has to be stage 2.
The ECU is being modified so why can't they just turn it off? Or am I being stupid??
On my old golf you could buy spacers for the sensor to sit in and it wouldn't bring the light on.

Spacing the sensor away from the direct airflow is what the sensor does, unsure if it would work on the focus though

·
Registered
742 Posts
What map have you got?

John

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh i see i read it wrong and thought you had stage 1 already.
Probably how I have put it across mate.

Revo or Collins get my vote Matt. Collins you can upload at home Revo is at Norwich not far to travel.
I have been speaking to the Revo place in Norwich and he said he can't remove EML light on stage one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.