Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get an uprated BCS and was wondering which one is the best to go for.
I looked at the Collins performance valve but it says for the RS to cable tie it in place, hmmm i dont think so.

Which valves are the most popular and reliable amongst peeps here?

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
lol I get what you're saying... I suppose it was easier to supply a cable tie than one of those horrible clips you find under the engine bay that's near impossible to take off! :wacko: :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol why are you all so put off by the cable tie? it's only to stop it jiggling about. There's cable ties around loads of the cables/electrical side of things! :bleh: :smile:
Yes there are cable ties around electrics, but the BCS be serious. With vibration and heat it would soon likely cut through the cable tie IMHO

The elevate solution seems the best to me

That one comes with FOUR cable ties LOL! :rofl:
:smile:
Yes to hold the vacuum piping not the actual solenoid!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Cut through a a cable tie? lol.

Next time you fly away to somewhere hot and sunny think about the thousand's of cable ties in the aircraft that are securing lots of wiring Looms and other bits and pieces. They get shaken to death and pull high G in fighter aircraft and have no issues, I think you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cut through a a cable tie? lol.

Next time you fly away to somewhere hot and sunny think about the thousand's of cable ties in the aircraft that are securing lots of wiring Looms and other bits and pieces. They get shaken to death and pull high G in fighter aircraft and have no issues, I think you'll be fine.
I think you wont, theyre saying to secure the BCS itself with a cable tie not the vacuum piping.

The elevate is the best I've come across so far and even moves the BCS onto a bracket on the bulkhead.

Sensible replies only please

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
It doesn't hold the solenoid unit itself it just holds the rubber and metal part flush. Not a huge deal... :huh:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I think you wont, theyre saying to secure the BCS itself with a cable tie not the vacuum piping.
The elevate is the best I've come across so far and even moves the BCS onto a bracket on the bulkhead.

Sensible replies only please
This is sensible?....

If you can't hack the reply's maybe you should have post this in mumsnet?

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Stick with oem design, this is the exact same valve minus the ford stamp but half the price http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/boost-pressure-control-valve/ford-focus-ii-da-2-5-rs-305hp_v30837_g761.html

I had a collins bcv fitted for a short time but the brackets supplied aren't good, don't locate the valve in a good postion so the pipes fit well. I was also worried the valve may drop off at any time despite adding bodgy cable ties.

Plan was to make up better brackets but decided to fit a valve designed for the job as in the above and my car has ran flawlessly since.

The initial performance gain I experienced with the Collins BCV was purely down to the fact my old oem (brown ends) was faulty.

Once a correctly functioning oem was fitted it performs every bit as well as the collins did.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I had a PCV Elevate fitted on external hight position (near head engine) but after only 9 months, a trouble with boost pressure appear.

(only 1 bar (15 psi) on full load)

After refitting the OEM PCV in the same position, all be fine for the boost pressure (1.60 bar on boost pressure with 140i JWR soft)

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a collins bcv fitted for a short time but the brackets supplied aren't good, don't locate the valve in a good postion so the pipes fit well. I was also worried the valve may drop off at any time despite adding bodgy cable ties.
thank you Bry, at last someone sensible, this is exactly what I'm getting at. Instead people just want to come here and flame without anything useful to input

I'm actually looking at the Elevate design, it moves the BCS away from the turbo (and ultimately the heat source) and mounts it on a solid bracket on the bulkhead. pic here

elevate%20boost%20sole2.JPG

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a PCV Elevate fitted on external hight position (near head engine) but after only 9 months, a trouble with boost pressure appear.

(only 1 bar (15 psi) on full load)

After refitting the OEM PCV in the same position, all be fine for the boost pressure (1.60 bar on boost pressure with 140i JWR soft)
thanks for the feedback on the Elevate BCS

Do you only normally replace these when yours becomes faulty or is there a benefit in upgrading earlier on??
Mines anything up to 6 years old, I've just had stage 1 map and boost increase and getting some quirkiness with driveability. The BCS is my first point of call especially as I believe it to be the original item

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
thank you Bry, at last someone sensible, this is exactly what I'm getting at. Instead people just want to come here and flame without anything useful to input

I'm actually looking at the Elevate design, it moves the BCS away from the turbo (and ultimately the heat source) and mounts it on a solid bracket on the bulkhead. pic here

elevate%20boost%20sole2.JPG
No idea if it fit's any better with that bracket but you may need to fit elbows instead of straight fittings.

6 years on the original bcv, I would definitely say your car will benefit from a new pegler valve as mine did.

Btw Mountune don't recommend anything other than the oem/pegler.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Only had my car since the new year so don't know if it's ever been changed, taking it from standard to 420 soon though, so will see what happens when it happens.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts