Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm new here and in the market for an RS, I've recently sold my Subaru Impreza RB320 as I wanted to get back into a ford.
I have seen some I like at RS direct in all colours all priced at £19999 and one white one at first choice cars for £18999. Now do I wait for the new RS to arrive and see if the mk2 prices come down or just go for it. I know the cars from RS direct are usually been very looked after, any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
20k will get you a nice enough frs higher mileage I would think circa 50kmiles ,You can wait and see if mk3 will drop prices , I've been looking at prices recently and the market seems steady with garages etc selling them well but who knows what will happen ,I don't see a big drop happening they are 2 different animals and mk2 is well sought after and always will be IMHO
welcome mate BTW :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you see the one that you fall in love with,then just buy it!!!!!..I think buy now as when the new mk3 owners reliase that these m3's are not that good,they will be saying I need to go back to a much better,nicer mk2!!!!..I think the mk2 will start going up in value,this is just my own thought,like my friend says,spend a tenner and get the full club membership,there's some nice mk2's for sale on here!!!,best of luck to you pal!!!..oh yes and welcome..

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Prices a little lower in winter, rise again in Spring. The mk3 will have no impact despite what a few on this forum think. That only happens with replacement for current models.
I agree with those who say if you see one you like buy it. I disagree with those who say get a lux 2, (unless you really want to) I bought a base spec and added the bits I wanted more cheaply than the premium for lux packs but I kept adding until I was full of custard. It's addictive.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If a lot of people sell their Mk2 to buy a Mk3, there may be a large amount available thus bringing the price down?
If you want one buy it siiiimples , we put so much thought into depreciation (yes I'm guilty too tbh!!!) But with the other cars we drive in household it never crosses our mind!!! We had a new audi and they supposedly have good residual , we dropped iirc 11k in nearly 2 years so as far as I'm concerned you won't find a better residual car in this class of car anywhere .I think mk2s in first instance will take a small hit but I bet you 20p they will rise rapidly soon after,imo buy it enjoy it and if they drop bad luck ,if they rise quids in ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Exactly my thoughts mate.
Bought mine last Monday and haven't found myself regretting it one little bit. Best car I've owned by a mile.
I'm willing to part with my pride and joy that is only going one way in value but it's not all about the values it's about what you enjoy and I don't enjoy my car anymore it's just an expensive ornament

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If a lot of people sell their Mk2 to buy a Mk3, there may be a large amount available thus bringing the price down?
The numbers are so low for the MK2 plus you also have to factor for the amount of people who still want to acquire one. I also feel that the Mk3 market will be rather different from the fanatical mK2 market. Plus the new model is 7 years after the first mk2 and most owners who acquire RS' new will have already sold their Mk2s some time ago. the mk2 market is a strong second hand market, different to those who buy new cars.
If the mk 3 does however, strike a chord with the public, and become a charismatic head turning beast, like the mk2 did then this could all change. Plus the reviews will impact on what happens.
Being in this fantastic club does give a warped impression. It will be interesting to see what happens though. I intend to look again once I've seen a few on the road and read the reviews.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
When you find the right one, a good one, buy it. These don't sell like normal volume cars. So don't look for seasonal patterns. Six years on and a good used example fetches almost what it was new. That's because it is what people are prepared to pay for it.

As for the mk3, yes it will sell and it is nice. And I know it'll look good and have no doubt it will drive well.

But the 5 pot gem the mk2 has is special. Just listen to it on boost. **** you feel like giggling each time it takes off. It has soul.

·
Premium Member
20,522 Posts
That belter of a car is in the classifieds now I've been in it and had the pleasure of knowing the car and owner for the past few years you will be hard pushed to find a better car that has top mods and money no object thrown at it this car has to be seen to be appreciated
Tank commanders RS is perfect in every detail

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
That belter of a car is in the classifieds now I've been in it and had the pleasure of knowing the car and owner for the past few years you will be hard pushed to find a better car that has top mods and money no object thrown at it this car has to be seen to be appreciated
Tank commanders RS is perfect in every detail
thanks scott,top words from a top guy.sad heart to let the :rs: go,anyone views my car will certainly love it,thousands have been spent,most people strip out the good parts and move it on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.