Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure my passenger side front wheel is wobbling when going round corners, and also seems to be spinning first when putting down the power. Going to jack it up to check the nuts are torqed correctly but is there anything else i should look out for? Car feels a bit poop when corning, not what I'm used too.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheels are torqued correctly however the coil/strut on one side is very greasy compared to the other, is that normal? Still need to jack it up yet though to check for a buckled wheel but tyre wear looks ok.

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Recently I had shock absorbers leak and they looked similar to your picture. That gave me wheel wobble when cornering. A good test for this is to find somewhere to pull up sharply and see if the corner with the greasy shock bounces up and down excessively.

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
Definitely looks like a leaky shock absorber which is most likely causing the symptoms you're describing :yep:

·
Registered
223 Posts
How much did u chaps pay for the shock?
Around £150. That includes the VAT. I had to have 2 both mine went at the same time. Might be worth considering doing both. If one has gone the other probably won't be far behind it.

·
Premium Member
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
2,449 Posts
The wheel wobble could also be a buckled wheel. I have buckled wheel and it wobbles a bit and is felt when hit above 60mph via steering vibration. I have had the wheels balanced and could see on the machine it is slightly warped.

Only trouble is I don't know anywhere that does wheel straightening, so may end up buying a new wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.