Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed somebody mentioned wheel protectors on another post , is anyone going to use them on their
Rs , if so which ones would you recommend.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Had to reply as nobody else has!... I think I will use the Rimscuffs as they seem easy to fit and look quite good imo (have a look on website).Probably only protect from minor scrapes though.

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Don't these tend to cause damage in themselves, promotes water and grit to sit underneath it etc?

Much rather take my chances and should the worst happen get them refurbed - to be honest the current set of BMW wheels I have seemed to have picked up stone chips which this thing won't have helped with anyway.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Can,t see much dirt getting under them as only 8mm wide ,but my worry would be them removing laquer when they are taken off. Probably only last till next tyre change anyway.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great comments , would agree that they may not be such a good idea as Ian said worst comes to worst get a refurb or stay away
From getting to close to kerbs !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
I have seen a few cars with these fitted and i think the wheels look much better without them imo! Just take a bit of extra care when parking and you'll be fine... ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
My ST came with Eagle F1's which have a hard rubber lip sticking out around the edge of the rim.

Never seen this before but I think it's quite a good idea as it offers some protection without the issues most wheel protectors have as mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I think the Blue would look good to match the painted calliper if you have gone for that option but they do look very small and not very robust.

·
Premium Member
23,438 Posts
My ST came with Eagle F1's which have a hard rubber lip sticking out around the edge of the rim.

Never seen this before but I think it's quite a good idea as it offers some protection without the issues most wheel protectors have as mentioned above.
I have the F1s on my car & it does indeed have a superb kerbing rib on it, far better than the Michelins. :yep:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.