·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
i wonder what floats her boat

Designer handbags

Make up

House

How would she like it if someone defaced whatever she happens to substitute for our beloved performance or exotic car.

what an absolutely stupid person she is.

and I am glad the guy got a prison sentence, if someone did it to my car & would want to do the same to their bodywork using a scalpel.

·
Premium Member
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,051 Posts
All of the comments on her article have been removed so I imagine she wasn't getting much support.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sad girl no doubt she has an agenda and wot a way to get it out there say something that she has no idea of wot it feels like to have done to something you take pride in but she is having her 15 mins of fame

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
It's just lazy journalism, she's trying to write an edgy article to look good IMO. I doubt she even believes any of that nonsense but she knows it will draw her some attention.

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
According to the folks on Twitter the link I posted is an edited version. The reporter originally printed the below on the newspaper webpage but then retracted it and released the edited version :unsure:

Seems to be the same but there are a couple of differences.

Mindless, pointless vandalism that caused £7,741 worth of damage.

Good for him.

I often feel like keying swanky cars. I particularly feel like keying high-performance cars.

One day someone will buy one of these cars and decide to be the one person to change the reputation of their drivers. They'll drive it and they'll be a decent guy.

They'll go at the speed limit, even when it's 30mph. They'll let other cars out in front of them when merging. They'll obey the two second rule on the motorway.

They won't race along suburban streets as though the devil's at their tail. They won't zoom about, rashly, as though overtaking this one car in front will give them the clear way they need to pelt to wherever they're going. The wherever that is obviously far more important than anyone else's destination. The rest of us are just pootling.

Brissett, who is a single father, is now facing a possible prison sentence, which won't be good for his child. I imagine he's most likely kicking himself as he prepares for his sentencing date next week.

I hate to generalise but allow me to generalise. You can't spend more than a house worth on a car and claim the moral high ground.

Why is it impressive or desirable to show off your wealth buying a car with a top speed of 201mph when you can't take it more than 70mph?

Surely a chap confident in his man credentials would be happy in a Nissan Leaf, ostentatiously plugging it in to charge at a city centre rapid charging point, winking at the ladies going by as he shows how much he cares about the future of the planet.

The level of fancy of the car is in direct proportion to the level of morality of the driver. You don't get boy racers in a Fiat 500.

Ostentatious cars driven selfishly by the unthinking are a motorised symbol of all that's wrong with this wealth divided world. And don't get me started on 4x4s in the city.

In my opinion Brissett deserves a medal, not a prison sentence.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
That is crazy! She's no better than the scum who vandalised the Aston Martin! So basically what she's saying is everyone should accept mediocrity and spend the absolute minimum on buying a slow, boring car, as to buy something expensive is too flashy and is like trying to prove a point? Words fail me...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts