Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I know, some man maths had to be incorporated but, if the turbo has to come off to replace the gasket, why put a 137k mile one back on? And I'm using the car far less these days. I also reasoned that if the innards were going to break they'd have done so by now. The torque isn't going to kill it, it's the same as I currently have :yep:

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,434 Posts
@checkmate91

Sneaky. Good for you though, it'll be interesting to see how it performs on the autobahn.

Mines in for its 10th service too in June, I am using Rates again, so all 10 service stamps are of same dealer
and coincidently also the dealer I bought the car from.

Serviced in time for RS Combe event as a runout before German trip.

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yes @Dave276 it will. Not many reviews around but the overarching impression is very good. The torque curve is interesting, all other Mountune curves are linear to peak, 420 is a bit of a hockey stick curve and then bam! I've done some miles recently in my Nick's Toyota GT86 to acclimatise to no lowdown torque 😂

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
So, at 136,500 it's had its 150,000 service and coolant hoses and inlet pipes fitted. Oh and MR420, oh and a new Ford OEM radiator to replace my 2nd replacement Airtec rad. Only advisory was a weeping nearside driveshaft oil seal so need to get that looked at soon-ish.

MR420 is rather awesome. Not forged, Fred said it wasn't necessary unless a track-day slave :yep:

A really hot day today and cruised around, got the car washed (with engine idling) and stuck in traffic and the Scanguage coolant temp went as high as 92 and the "useless" Mountune i/c returned AITs back to ambient within 50 yards. So whilst I get the big rad ideas I'm not sure I need them yet.

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Had the driveshaft oil seals fitted yesterday at my favourite local indie Steve Mott & Co. Steve and his team have looked after a number of the Williams fleet for nearly 30 years and they're all straight-down-the-line folks, would rather say it'll last for a few more miles than it needs to be changed now if that's the right answer. Anyway 2 new seals (one wasn't strictly required but, hey, it's done 136,500 miles and its sib has gone) and 2 litres of Ford FE 75 oil and we're good to go. Do I feel a difference with the new g'box oil? Not really but placebo effect says gear changes are a bit slicker but... and, for the record £304 all in (all Ford parts and labour).

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
In what appears to be becoming my annual update, I've added an update. Long story short: immediately after my last MOT on 25 Oct 2019 at 139,065 miles the car threw a P2108 error code. New throttle body fitted this weekend and all, for now, seems well.

·
Premium Member
23,517 Posts
In what appears to be becoming my annual update, I've added an update. Long story short: immediately after my last MOT on 25 Oct 2019 at 139,065 miles the car threw a P2108 error code. New throttle body fitted this weekend and all, for now, seems well.
Nice one Andy, been a while sorting that one. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Focus RS Mk2 MR375 Clubsport
208 Posts
Really interesting thread! Thank you! I should be in possession of an RS next week which around the 100k mark and was a little concerned/nervous about it but this thread has been very reassuring. Great to hear your RS trucking on and going from strength to strength, long may it continue!

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Update: service and driveshaft issue at 141,200 miles. All good and we carry on (y)

41 - 60 of 64 Posts