Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Front wheel bearings at 54k miles.
Rear antiroll bar bushings at 52k miles

Other thattgat pretty faultless in my time of owning it.
Sorry, just seen this. Rear ARBs I've heard about, mine are, no doubt, shot but not causing offence. front wheel bearings is I think new. i had a hub go out of true but the rest of the bearings are, er, bearing up. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I can't go anywhere here without at least 3 roundabouts which is probably why.
:laughing: I'm sure there's more to it than that, grim up north weather perhaps? Anyway @stevey293 I'll add your findings to the 1st post when I've got another update :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@mak1RS still fine thanks, nothing to report so nothing to post :nope: current work pattern and domestic activities have resulted in a drop in mileage but stay tuned, I'm getting it looked over in June for a couple of niggles so the next report is not far away :yep:

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,434 Posts
@mak1RS still fine thanks, nothing to report so nothing to post :nope: current work pattern and domestic activities have resulted in a drop in mileage but stay tuned, I'm getting it looked over in June for a couple of niggles so the next report is not far away :yep:
@checkmate91

I am looking forward to what your June 2018 niggles are and the remedies.

·
Premium Member
13,308 Posts
Good to see age related problems for us all to look forward to. One of my front shocks has just given up at 63k miles looking at alternatives to the std items at the moment however may stick to Ford.

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Update: topical stuff

Should probably add a line that says what I thought was a front suspension clunk turned out to be a front pad moving around, the one that has the spring clip into the piston. Mine had deformed and was allowed to float around in the caliper/bracket. That did my head in for around 30,000 miles!

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,434 Posts
Update: topical stuff
Should probably add a line that says what I thought was a front suspension clunk turned out to be a front pad moving around, the one that has the spring clip into the piston. Mine had deformed and was allowed to float around in the caliper/bracket. That did my head in for around 30,000 miles!
:rofl: :rofl:

@checkmate91

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How prescient of you David @Dave276 I have had the quote from Sir Ryan of Sinclair and await a date from Sir Fred of Clack. New exhaust manifold gasket required as mine's been blowing for nearly 40,000 miles and, along with my 150,000 service (which will be at around 137,000 miles) it's getting a new hybrid turbo, injectors and air filter kit to go with the next up map. Price agreed and some other stuff being done at the same time. I'm quite looking forward to the 420, I have to say. All hopefully done in time for the Cologne trip...

21 - 40 of 64 Posts