Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
4,168 Posts
I would have thought that a perfect mot history raises suspicions 🤔 after all things wear out, things deteriorate and things break, a car that is used and over a decade old that has passed every single mot in its life hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

· Registered
5,978 Posts
A friend of mine once had a second hand VW Polo the local arches garage MoT'd no major issues but the garage totally missed that the number plates were not the same registration at each end of the vehicle. Apparently the car was on a cherished plate prior to him buying it and had been reregistered just prior to sale.

· Premium Member
30,100 Posts
I know mate. I'd love to see the previous years list for that car!

What car was it? At less than 70K it must have lived under the sea.
No idea what the car was, just from a Google search.

I thought it could have been a barn find & someone could have chucked it through an mot to see how much work was needed but you can see it had an mot the year before, if it passed previously, that's an awful lot gone wrong in a year! 😂

· Premium Member
30,100 Posts
I would have thought that a perfect mot history raises suspicions 🤔 after all things wear out, things deteriorate and things break, a car that is used and over a decade old that has passed every single mot in its life hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????
I asked my mot guy if there was anything to stop him from mot'ing his own cars as there was nothing to stop him from passing it every time. He said nothing to stop him passing his own cars but did point out he gets a colleague to do his & vice versa as when he comes to sell it would look suspicious to the buyer, a valid point I'd never thought of.

· Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
4,168 Posts
I asked my mot guy if there was anything to stop him from mot'ing his own cars as there was nothing to stop him from passing it every time. He said nothing to stop him passing his own cars but did point out he gets a colleague to do his & vice versa as when he comes to sell it would look suspicious to the buyer, a valid point I'd never thought of.
I remember a story about a Rouse sapphire Cosworth from a rsoc member, long story short he bought the car which looked mint but turned out to be a proper Boycie motor lol news paper to pack out botched rusty repairs etc he ended scrapping the car to which I got my hands on some of the bits off it

apparently the fella that sold him the car worked at a garage/mot centre and tested the car himself, the member that bought the car said to me it’s illegal for a mot tester to do that, wether that’s true or not I don’t know but it might explain the vice versa colleagues testing each others cars as you posted 🤔

21 - 35 of 35 Posts