Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice the BBC is ditching the Met office as it's weather supplier. About time too!

They supply rotten weather. The beeb should import some South American weather folk so we can have some 'Scorchio' weather..

So, how are the RSs doing in the rain? I have accidently turned into a garage queen. The car is nicely waxed now and very clean (even the wheels) but I need to use it tomorrow and monsoons are predicted....

So feeling bad about that but what to do?

Wish the car could have a big bubble put around it with just gaps for the wheels....

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Use it, wash it again, life is too short. I know what you mean about protecting it though, my fear isn't really the weather, it's all the idiots on the roads, especially the ones using their phones whilst driving that don't pay enough attention. But it's insured and I bought it to use it and can't stop bad things out of my control from happening. Otherwise I'll keep it pristine condition and someone else will enjoy it down the line when one day ultimately I'll sell it.

Mine is going out tomorrow as I'm at HQ for an oil change. I've got it waxed and protected with a good paint seal so not that fussed. It spends most of its time in the garage anyway so doesn't really ever suffer the weather. It's a machine and whilst I love and care for it, it's there to fulfil a pleasure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts