Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone ever had anything strange happen while driving?

Over took a white van today on the dual carriageway and he starts flashing me like mad, and I mean flashing over and over again so I ignored it thinking it could be for any number of reasons, how do I know there wasn't three men in there wanting to jump me?

Then I over take a lorry a couple minutes later on the same dual carriageway and he flashes me once.... Now i'm getting paranoid, is there something wrong with my car? Is the wheel whobbling at 70 lol??? But I can't feel anything and no codes have come up so I just continue home and check the car and everything looks fine so now i'm thinking why on earth was they flashing me?

Was there a ghost in the back of my car? :laughing:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I get this a lot as well. Even flashes from on coming traffic, I think there just trying to say nice car mate :)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Headlight alignment is probably out... very common. Make it look like you have your main beams on. That, or you drive around with your fog lights on....when it's not foggy.

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
Yeah I got flashed at night everywhere I went in the first year in my :rs: from new... :mellow[1]:
It was because my headlights were faulty from factory and they replaced them both under warranty... :facepalm:
I was getting so angry I was flashing people back LOL! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I had a blinding flash once whilst out at night driving along a country road in the middle of nowhere..

Next thing I recall was being in a strange white room with tall grey creatures. They had speculums and other strange devices that I'd never seen before. I was strangely calm as if in a trance and can recall staring up through a dome like window to see the stars flashing past.

Next thing I remember was lying on the damp ground next to my RS which still had it's lights on.

I reported it to the police but was laughed out of the station.

But that same night, as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed my underwear was on inside out and a strange coin like disc was in my pocket on which was inscribed 'RS Owner club Exoplanet Gliese 581 d' .........

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
Check your rear lights are working might just be letting you know you have a bulb out or you might have had your rear fog light on ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check all bulbs are working :)
From what I checked my bulbs are all fine.

Is it a diesel
Yeah

Headlight alignment is probably out... very common. Make it look like you have your main beams on. That, or you drive around with your fog lights on....when it's not foggy.
I'll check this, thanks.

Speed cameras?
Defo none on this road and I was going no faster than 70 anyway.

Yeah I got flashed at night everywhere I went in the first year in my :rs: from new... :mellow[1]:
It was because my headlights were faulty from factory and they replaced them both under warranty... :facepalm:
I was getting so angry I was flashing people back LOL! :rofl:
Lol, i'll check my lights.

Check your rear lights are working might just be letting you know you have a bulb out or you might have had your rear fog light on ?
Could be a bulb issue, I didn't notice anything when I checked last night though.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,785 Posts
That would be understandable but I drive a 2007 Golf :nope:
This could be it I guess.

Thought this was the general topic section!? :huh: :lmao: :facepalm:

There is defo nothing wrong with the car after driving today and everything seems to be okay so I guess i'll never know.
To be fair, this might be better in the 'Other Marque'/Automotive Section' then? :whistle:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.