Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went to move my car. Started with no issues. No clicking no codes etc. Had my ac on since it was hot. When moving I noticed there was water on the floor. I've read on here some people had the issue but can't seem to find the topic Can someone help me out please? Thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
Is it not something to do with a condenser in the AC. I've had it happen in most cars I've had with AC. (When on the rare occasion we can use it up here!).

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think it's to do with the Cat,they seem to hold water overnight or when you don't use the car for a while,when you start the car it spits it out!!!..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have a cat and there is this odd foul smell when I put the ac on and someone told me I need to re gas the ac but if that is the case then why is there water on the ground?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Nothing to worry about I've had this on a few cars when the a/c has had to do some work, its as people have posted above.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The smell could be from the cabin filter behind the glovebox mine hadn't been changed for years when I took it out 👍

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
I don't have a cat and there is this odd foul smell when I put the ac on and someone told me I need to re gas the ac but if that is the case then why is there water on the ground?
I am not an air con expert but its the same principle as a fridge converting hot air into cold and the by product is water. If the air con smells when turned on then it sounds to me like it needs some attention. It should be turned on regularly I was told weekly to avoid this happening and should be re-gassed every two or three years due to loss from the system. From memory the local garage charges about £75 to have it re-gassed.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
I leave a puddle of AC pee everywhere I go as I leave my aircon on constantly lol! :lol: :smile:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah this is perfectly normal. The smell can come from bacteria build up . I had my audi A/C recharged and filters changed etc for around £50 from a local mobile guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts