Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I had the AEM kit, but there's no mention or there's no pic of the water/meth tank. So see if this is included. Should be as its no good without a tank.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm currently looking at the same, I've looked through all the meth systems but have gone for the Aem one. I heard numerous people say that the Devils own controller melted

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm currently looking at the same, I've looked through all the meth systems but have gone for the Aem one. I heard numerous people say that the Devils own controller melted
How much mate and where did u order from

Cheers

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just ordered the following

Devils Own Water Meth Kit - DVC-30 Progressive kit (Universal 3 Bar)

Devils Own 2.25 Gallon Sumped Tank

aswell as a pro alloy big boost pipe kit with symposer delete and water injection boss!

is there anything else i need to fit, or anything anyone would reccomend as im a complete noob when it comes to water meth

cheers!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quick question for anyone with a meth kit fitted

how long does it take to install? trying to work out rough labour costs

and sods law, ordered it yesterday, if i'd of waited til today it would of been £100 cheaper as they have a sale on :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
and sods law, ordered it yesterday, if i'd of waited til today it would of been £100 cheaper as they have a sale on :facepalm:
I'd be straight on the phone and asking for that discount.

Or., you could order another at the sale price, reject delivery of the first and request a refund (under distance selling regulations, this is acceptable)

·
Registered
545 Posts
quick question for anyone with a meth kit fitted

how long does it take to install? trying to work out rough labour costs

Where did you order this from I might order a kit

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
just ordered the following

Devils Own Water Meth Kit - DVC-30 Progressive kit (Universal 3 Bar)

Devils Own 2.25 Gallon Sumped Tank

aswell as a pro alloy big boost pipe kit with symposer delete and water injection boss!

is there anything else i need to fit, or anything anyone would reccomend as im a complete noob when it comes to water meth

cheers!
I don't think it's included in the kit, but I'd recommend a DevilsOwn injection solenoid.

Mine was initially fitted without, but I had some trouble with water/meth siphoning and pooling in the bottom of the intercooler when the car was left parked up.

On the rare occasion that I was on boost before the car was properly warmed up, it would suck in the liquid and I got a terrible misfire...and limp mode :blink:.

It took a while to diagnose, because it only ever happened when boosting during the first few miles of driving. After a few miles of careful driving, the liquid would evaporate - and the problem wouldn't occur.

So...Rob at SCC fitted the solenoid and it never happened again. SCC recommend fitting the injection hot-side (pre-intercooler)...which seems quite common with the RS, but is clearly something we can all argue about :laughing:

I've got stainless braided hoses too - just because they look nice 8)

Audio equipment Gas Gadget Electronic instrument Electronic device

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It said on the scc site that i ordered off, now includes uprated solenoid??

Mine will be fitted hot side too, matter of interest how much was labour to get it fitted at scc?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It said on the scc site that i ordered off, now includes uprated solenoid??

Mine will be fitted hot side too, matter of interest how much was labour to get it fitted at scc?

Cheers
Mmmm...their website is down, so I can't check. Mine didn't have an injection solenoid at all - as opposed to one that's now 'uprated'.

It looks like this: http://www.methanol-injection.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=41&search=solenoid

Whatever happens, make sure you fit one regardless :nice:

I'll PM you with the cost details...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where does everyone have their nozzle fitted??

devils own are saying it HAS to be fitted post intercooler not on the hot side??

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
where does everyone have their nozzle fitted??

devils own are saying it HAS to be fitted post intercooler not on the hot side??
It does say that on the DevilsOwn site...but having the conversation with Rob at SCC (several times), it seems that they get better results with the RS when positioned hot side. I think Sitech might have tested too and the Revo tuners may all follow the same rules on where to site it.

I did a bit of research with another member and we made the following notes:

Hot side

Negative:
- moisture may build up over time (minimal risk with a fine spray)
- meth will corrode aluminium (oxydation) - (although 50:50 mix and does not stay in contact)
- due to the high temperature, water in the mix will be vaporised and will have less effect to cool the engine

Positive:
- water in the mix will be vaporised helping to reduce intercooler air temp
- meth will be thoroughly vaporised, so better mix

Outcome:
- very good high RPM bhp improvement
- minimal mid RPM bhp improvement

Cold side

Negative:
- Less time for mixing and vapourisation

Positive:
- Good action for the water (engine combustion chamber temp reduction)

For cold side, position relative to map sensor. The Focus uses an adaptive calculator - you can inject before the map and the calculator will adapt injection and other parameters to the modification.

Outcome:
- very good mid RPM bhp improvement
- minimal high RPM bhp improvement

At least mine seems to work well :nice:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
speaking to devils own now and hes adamant the only reason they fit it hot side is they cant be bothered to relocate the map sensor

i was intending on getting them to fit it, but with my big boost pipes and all the RS tuners fitting it hot side i will just get it fitted by the RS tuners

i will give pete at DPC a call tomorrow and get it booked in

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
It does say that on the DevilsOwn site...but having the conversation with Rob at SCC (several times), it seems that they get better results with the RS when positioned hot side. I think Sitech might have tested too and the Revo tuners may all follow the same rules on where to site it.

I did a bit of research with another member and we made the following notes:

Hot side

Negative:
- moisture may build up over time (minimal risk with a fine spray)
- meth will corrode aluminium (oxydation) - (although 50:50 mix and does not stay in contact)
- due to the high temperature, water in the mix will be vaporised and will have less effect to cool the engine

Positive:
- water in the mix will be vaporised helping to reduce intercooler air temp
- meth will be thoroughly vaporised, so better mix

Outcome:
- very good high RPM bhp improvement
- minimal mid RPM bhp improvement

Cold side

Negative:
- Less time for mixing and vapourisation

Positive:
- Good action for the water (engine combustion chamber temp reduction)

For cold side, position relative to map sensor. The Focus uses an adaptive calculator - you can inject before the map and the calculator will adapt injection and other parameters to the modification.

Outcome:
- very good mid RPM bhp improvement
- minimal high RPM bhp improvement

At least mine seems to work well :nice:
speaking to devils own now and hes adamant the only reason they fit it hot side is they cant be bothered to relocate the map sensor

i was intending on getting them to fit it, but with my big boost pipes and all the RS tuners fitting it hot side i will just get it fitted by the RS tuners

i will give pete at DPC a call tomorrow and get it booked in
I'm looking to do this on mine as it definitely seems to be the answer to getting air temperatures down at an affordable price, any more thoughts on whether injector is best suited hot or cold side,,? Plus best place for tank presumably is in the boot with braided hose lines and any other advice would be great.....

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I'm looking to do this on mine as it definitely seems to be the answer to getting air temperatures down at an affordable price, any more thoughts on whether injector is best suited hot or cold side,,? Plus best place for tank presumably is in the boot with braided hose lines and any other advice would be great.....
I can't remember who PM'd me about this, but he was adamant that our respected tuners were all fitting hot side, when it should be cold side. He called DevilsOwn and was told that it should definitely be fitted cold side...but after further checking, DevilsOwn changed their minds and said that for this particular car, and using a smaller nozzle size (mine had a D02), hot side was correct after all. Who knows what the truth is...but mine seemed to work OK :nice:

My only other advice is to fit their injection solenoid (about £60?) - it acts as an on/off valve and prevents water/meth siphoning into your intercooler. I had a problem with this pooling, where after leaving the car unused for a week or so, the pooled liquid got sucked in if I boosted before it had time to evaporate. It caused a misfire (and engine warning light / limp mode). The solenoid cured it permanently.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.