Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon , Evening

Just registered as been having a flick round and researching a Mk 3 RS purchase. Who knew so much information was available on just the seat upgrade !!!

Lots of info on here that has raised a few questions which I am sure the dealer will not be able to answer. Anyway , gonna pop in tomorrow and have a chat and maybe drop the deposit.

I see lots of people have gone for the Nitrous Blue colour but have just seen the Volvo Polestar is the same colour :facepalm: and actually happened across an ST in stealth yesterday which looked pretty good.

I`m sure there will be many questions that need answering as I am new to the FORD brand despite wanting an RS for many years....... remember the days when the saphire cosworth came out and then promptly became uninsurable for a young`un like me. Well now I`m a little older and wiser and now Ford have decided to go AWD rather than FWD with the MK3 RS , time has come to dip my toe into the world of the Focus RS.

I`ll be interested to sample the "Dealer" experience tomorrow ...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
I see lots of people have gone for the Nitrous Blue colour but have just seen the Volvo Polestar is the same colour :facepalm: and actually happened across an ST in stealth yesterday which looked pretty good.
:welcome: Chris

It is not the same colour, if you saw them both side by side they are not even close :)

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
:welcome: Chris

If you do drop that deposit let us know the spec you've settled on. In the meantime there's plenty of info on here to assist with what to go for. As you say, we have been discussing the seats for pages and pages now :grin:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well , that was interesting. The dealer , which is a Ford Store does not know if the seats are heated or whether the upgrade shell seats are heated. All he could say , was that there is no mention of it in the brochure so no they are not !

I asked about a service pack and again the answer was , don't know but probably along the same lines as the mustang

I mentioned if the deposit was fully refundable and was told no it isn't unless there is a very good reason - This , despite only 75% is clear about what I am putting a deposit down on and several details still unclear ( seats , service etc etc )

....and then to be told that the computers are not capable of taking an order yet and passing it onto Ford. So , in effect , until the dealer has the right computer software they cannot progress the order and build config further up the chain. This is apparently happening in early Oct.

Therefore I kept my deposit firmly in my pocket whilst I conduct further research and can make an informed decision in a week or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.