Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having sold my red edition im now on the lookout for another one, this time with higher mileage so i can actually use it;) it MUST have all 3 options, max of 2 owners and be under 10k miles,i know there are a few on ebay/trader/piston heads but id rather buy off a fellow enthusiast than line the pockets of a dealer. having said that though if you know of any for sale elsewhere that fit the bill then please let me know, thanks

Registered
2010 Focus RS MP350 Lux 2
having sold my red edition im now on the lookout for another one, this time with higher mileage so i can actually use it;) it MUST have all 3 options, max of 2 owners and be under 10k miles,i know there are a few on ebay/trader/piston heads but id rather buy off a fellow enthusiast than line the pockets of a dealer. having said that though if you know of any for sale elsewhere that fit the bill then please let me know, thanks
I think FJRS have one for sale with 10k miles - saw it on their Instagram. Not sure on the options as I'm less clued up on my MK3s but it appears to have the black wheels, shell seats and FPM375 upgrade?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes ive seen that one,no sunroof though and the thing that puts me off is the fact it has an engine oil cooler upgrade which to me means it must have been running big power at some time? or maybe used on track or maybe it was just an extra precaution but either way its not the one for me but thanks anyway

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was a mountune 375 with just 176 miles so had become an ornament, this time round i can get one to use, i did consider the blue edition but i had a normal nitrous one new in 2016 and wasnt keen on the colour when it arrived

Registered
With less than 10k miles would it not still be an ornament? 10k miles is not a lot and you鈥檇 still pay a premium for one. One with 30k miles I would of thought would be loads cheaper.

Registered
I think FJRS have one for sale with 10k miles - saw it on their Instagram. Not sure on the options as I'm less clued up on my MK3s but it appears to have the black wheels, shell seats and FPM375 upgrade?
I got the impression that was someone's car in for a service or some other work, I saw nothing to suggest it was actually for sale.

Registered
2010 Focus RS MP350 Lux 2
I got the impression that was someone's car in for a service or some other work, I saw nothing to suggest it was actually for sale.
Here you mate

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
With less than 10k miles would it not still be an ornament? 10k miles is not a lot and you鈥檇 still pay a premium for one. One with 30k miles I would of thought would be loads cheaper.
it would yes, but id like a lower mileage example as it should also be tidier underneath . as we know it doesnt take much for them to start rusting away but i may be tempted by a higher mileage one if the spec was right, ie exhaust and mountune 375 etc

Registered
Ah I have no sunroof just door protectors! o_O
Great cars though, I hope you find one to enjoy. I'm at 8,330 miles and about to add the Mountune downpipe & Proalloy intercooler! :love: :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks, if i cant find a full option car but do come across one that has everything else im after like mountune package,exhaust and/or some carbon goodies etc then id prob be tempted,im sure something will turn up before i spend the dosh on something else :LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a few weeks in and nothings taken my fancy yet,ive enquired about some that are for sale as sellers seem to miss out the important bits like how many owners they have had :unsure: two of them had 3 owners already which would have made me the 4th on a 4yr old car so didnt fancy that,the other guy didnt even bother replying to me so hes off the list for starters (n) i enquired about another to see if it had the sunroof and door protectors to be told no it didnt but that the sunroofs arent popular and the door protectors can be retro fitted anyway 馃ぃ typical dealer talk there

Registered
What's your budget then mate? :unsure:
As I see them fluctuate online so much it's hard to keep track!! o_O
拢39k for the more used ones to as much as 拢59k for the near zero miles ones... :rolleyes:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i reckon 40 should get me a decent example,anything over that is either a dealer or under 5k miles or similar,theres a couple of private ones around 6k miles at just over 40 and 41 but no options or too many owners but another one has all options and mountune which im sure i could get for 40 its just the 3 owners thats putting me off....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
theres a couple at 37.500 and another at 38k but mileage is around 15-16k and no sunroofs,the majority of the ones that are for sale have been for quite some time as ive been following the market for the last yr or so,i think prices will start to come down slightly now to be honest as theres quite a few for sale so more competition,currently around 15 of them,but i think 40k will get me what i want then mod it and have some fun (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the market seems to be very slow,just the usual dozen or so cars still for sale at the same prices,i think anyone whos potentially thinking of selling up isnt bothering as they just arent selling at all,i may have to start looking for something else as i need to tinker and its real strange to have an empty garage :LOL: 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
lol i wouldnt buy one if it was 50k now as you cant give them away, the greedy dealers have just priced them right out the market and cant get rid so serves them right馃槀 the 6 or 7 heritages that are for sale currently must have been for well over a yr now, some even longer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
another possible option ive been considering is a low miler in white as long as its a late 2017 onwards so didnt need headgasket recall.with FULL spec and only one owner :unsure:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts