Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen an mk 2 rs local to me, nice condition,

It has these upgrades done by Jamsport what sort of bhp would this make ?

Airtec 1 intercooler, milltec Turbo back system with decat.

I presume its had a remap too

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There quoting 380 ps which is around 375 bhp , for that power would you need bigger injectors ?

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Long time forum member and avid reader of fast ford/performance ford mags and 1 of i1st things u need is a larger down pipe to get rid of the back pressure/gasses

Ur right in saying without bigger injectors not gonna touch near the 400bhp mark

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
To get to around the 375 bhp realistically you need a fair bit of hardware not necessarily injectors though you can go with a higher output fuel pump.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Explain to me what difference a high flow fuel pump will make on the same injectors? It will still inject the same amount of fuel per cycle and the pressure in the rail will still be the same as its controlled by the fpr. The idea of fitting a bigger pump is to keep up with the demand for extra fuel from bigger injectors. In my opinion these 2 upgrades go together

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Explain to me what difference a high flow fuel pump will make on the same injectors? It will still inject the same amount of fuel per cycle and the pressure in the rail will still be the same as its controlled by the fpr. The idea of fitting a bigger pump is to keep up with the demand for extra fuel from bigger injectors. In my opinion these 2 upgrades go together
The difference a high flow fuel pump will make on the same injectors: The MR375.

However, and here is where I agree with you, as power demands increase, bigger injectors are a necessity and do go together with an uprated pump, but then so does the air filter, exhaust, turbo, forging, etc, etc.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
A uprated high flow fuel pump will make a huge difference. I was using the JWR item and was running over 550hp on 750cc injectors. Why don't u get the car on a dyno to give u an idea and starting point. I still say around 350hp.

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
Phone Jamie Going at Jamsport with reg and vin he will tell you what Jamsport have done to it of RR it only way to find out

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phone Jamie Going at Jamsport with reg and vin he will tell you what Jamsport have done to it of RR it only way to find out
Good point, its just depending what,s been done reflects the price, I,m hopefully going to have a test drive on Saturday

On another note is there any known issues I need to check, rust spots etc, ??

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Rear arches are one of the main areas to rust. Mine are just going now but cars going in for a full custom respray week sat so will be sorted then. That's if the car don't blow up on the hub dyno on sat. Lol

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
This is really simple
If a pump spins faster with an increase in power it will move more liquid 10% more power = 10% more flow (basic pumping)
If the injectors are not maxed out to there full duty cycle they can be pulsed open longer
You flow more fuel with out requiring injectors
385 is probably max for standard injectors

·
Registered
606 Posts
That's not right though. Because the amount of fuel passing through the injectors will be determined by the pressure in the fuel rail. So if you upgrade your fuel pump with no other mods you wouldn't see an increase in power? Bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump surely go hand in hand as one is a bit pointless without the other.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.