Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening guys,

On the way home today a Warner came up saying check tyre pressure, so I pulled over 5 minutes after in a safe place to check and they are all solid and pumped up to the correct PSI, unsure whether this weather has caused it seems it's been putting down and I have been driving all day, maybe some water has got to a sensor?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Could they have been low and with some heat in them come up to normalish pressures?

My warnings kicked off the other day and there was a great big nail in the tyre!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think the tyre pressure sensors work off the traction control / abs sensors , as tyre goes flat the rotational speed changes slightly compared to other wheels so ecu assumes the tyre is low , I might be wrong but that's how I understood it worked

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just out of habit I pumped them up to the correct PSI like a few weeks ago seems when I got it they wasn't to the peak pressure but that was due to the previous owners choice! Nothing has indicated that they are low since, now the Warning has came up

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
I think the tyre pressure sensors work off the traction control / abs sensors , as tyre goes flat the rotational speed changes slightly compared to other wheels so ecu assumes the tyre is low , I might be wrong but that's how I understood it worked
Or a huge burnout! :laughing:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't be doing burnouts ;) reset the pressure and all seems to be fine now, touch wood

·
Registered
561 Posts
Reset the pressure right after you've pumped them all up to correct PSI Josh and it should be fine until next time. Saying that, I did my tyre pressures well over 3 months ago and reset it then and I've yet to get any warning pop up. Still keeping an eye on my pressures though. Strange one really. Makes you think if it's just a gimmick lol.

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
I had a nail in my tyre a few weeks ago and it didn't register with the tyre warning sensor however I did feel that I had a problem so not foolproof.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If you haven't reset it last time you pumped them up then it might be set to an incorrect value. Then once it detects about a 4 or 5 psi difference from the value it was at it will alarm.

I would make sure all the pressures are correct and then reset it.

It has always been pretty reliable on mine.... whenever it has alarmed i have had a nail in the tyre.

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
Just out of habit I pumped them up to the correct PSI like a few weeks ago seems when I got it they wasn't to the peak pressure but that was due to the previous owners choice! Nothing has indicated that they are low since, now the Warning has came up
And there lies the problem mate when you pumped them up a weeks ago you altered the tyre pressure the monitor was set at you should reset it when you change the pressure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts