Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening Guys,

Ive got two problems, one being slightly bigger than the other...

Number one being - Whenever i turn the steering wheel sometimes the car goes into some sort of limp mode, the ABS & Traction Control light appears and there is a number of Dash's where the millage usually is, i need to get this sorted, what can it be? i know i have posted it around a week ago but i didn't really solve the issue, i need to know what part i need buy to sort this problem, it has all the symptoms of this post http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/30004-front-abstraction-control-wire-replacement-for-p0503-fault/#entry475005 . So can anyone tell me where i can buy this part, or even comment a link as that would be great.

Number Two isnt even a problem i will be spending the day on the car Sunday just freshening it up, what is the best paint for painting the Brake Callipers i want it to be as good as match as i can to the Ultimate Green, dont really wanna spend fortunes but if it is good it will have to be done. So again if anyone could comment a link to the paint would be again appreciated greatly.

Cheers for taking the time to read, i know its friday night and everyones most likely on the **** but hey ho the cars my priority :laughing:

Cheers Lads.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Your first problem is the ABS leads which if you search there is plenty on here regards that issue.... They need to be replaced as they are probably stretched like mine were.. Easy to get sorted :smile:

Second One I cant help with mine are still plain

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tina & Clive you are life savers ive searched and searched and cannot find what they were called, when i turn it on full lock sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt even need to go on full lock it does this and then i just turn the car on and off and its back to normal, does this sound like the wires need replacing?

·
Registered
362 Posts
calliper paint if you go to a car paint place they will mix it for you there is a little place by me that will do it so I would think most places will

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perfect Clive, it looks pretty straight forward to do so i am going to pop to fords tomorrow and sort this out, oh really Robby where abouts are you based?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Its worth having both changed when you get it sorted. Mine have been getting worse over the last few days, eml has now come on. Mine is booked in monday to have them sorted. Been told no more than a 30min-1hr job. Make sure if possible that the brackets that hold the wires are swapped to give the new ones abit more slack. :nice:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Obviously I want it to be done property but will I be better off taking it into somewhere to get it done other than doing it myself?
Cheers Donk going to order some now the colour seems to be a good match

·
Premium Member
13,254 Posts
Remember when you change the ABS leads to check that the sensor at the wheel doesn't have any corrosion as this can also give a false reading. If you have a later car its easy to replace older cars need soldering. If you change leads and still get a problem it may be a sensor as it has the same symptoms. You will need a good code reader to check which one it is.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brilliant, Thank you, i will fit the new ABS Looms first and then see if the problem begins to continue, £70 for the two from Fords which i didn't think was too bad!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts