Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG
They certainly know how to charge for a days cover.
Been quoted £200, is that normal or do I need to shop about more?

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
OMG
I'd shop about more @Donk, I can get it for about £40-£50 through my insurer, though not sure whether that is a rate that is for existing customers only or whether it applies to other customers as well. Expect your excess for a track day policy to go through the roof when you take out track day insurance, and be aware that some insurers won't cover you for certain tracks... :whistle: Good luck! :nice:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
When we enquires with out insurance it was 95 pounds but the excess was rediculous, so we didn't bother £200 is quite steep have they quoted you an excess ?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
OMG
Yep I've paid £170 for a days cover it can work out to be an expensive day out on track

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first quite was with Sky who cover my car for road insurance. There was no detail of an excess when i tried but didn't read through it that well after I seen the price.
The second one I got was £180 with a £2000 excess and they would pay out £2000 less than my estimated value so in total if I was with them and had to claim I would be out of pocket by £4000

I wouldn't mind paying up to £100 for the day but if that's the prices am cancelling my track day at Knockhill and will be at stand only.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The first quite was with Sky who cover my car for road insurance. There was no detail of an excess when i tried but didn't read through it that well after I seen the price.
The second one I got was £180 with a £2000 excess and they would pay out £2000 less than my estimated value so in total if I was with them and had to claim I would be out of pocket by £4000
I wouldn't mind paying up to £100 for the day but if that's the prices am cancelling my track day at Knockhill and will be at stand only.
that's why we cancelled ours at ford fair last year as way too risky and if something went wrong then not prepared to be out of pocket, I'm sure the excess we were quoted was more than 6k from adrien flux as our insurers wouldn't entertain it,

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6k holy s...

I think I might have a track ticket for sale was really looking forward to having a little spin in the focus 😞

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Generally one day track cover is about 1 to 1.5% of the insured value, we have used Moris on previous occasions

Best option is to get road insurance with track days either built in or available when required at a reduced cost

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Morris have been the cheapest when I've looked for individual days.

It's one of the reasons that I know use need to insure as I get 5 days included in my annual cover :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
30th August, Ford Live @ Knockhill
£8 for entry with your car (quoting the discount code) and £50 for the track pass.

My other half had a slightly better expression on her face when I told her the cheaper price. It was a picture when I told her the £200 then came the comments which I will refrain from posting 😳

·
Vendor
288 Posts
Hi,

Just to let you know that are track day prices are calculated with a number of factors, vehicle value, driver experience, what track etc. The excess on the policy also depends on the vehicle value.

Regards,

Dan.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Hi,
Just to let you know that are track day prices are calculated with a number of factors, vehicle value, driver experience, what track etc. The excess on the policy also depends on the vehicle value.
Regards,
Dan.
Any Examples ??

Does a RoSPA gold advanced driving certificate make a difference?
Or 2nd of 63 participants at a Palmersport day?

Standard :RS: versus lets say MR375

And a few different circuits e.g Silverstone, Donington, Nürburgring Nordschiefe etc

·
Vendor
288 Posts
Any Examples ??

Does a RoSPA gold advanced driving certificate make a difference?
Or 2nd of 63 participants at a Palmersport day?

Standard :rs: versus lets say MR375

And a few different circuits e.g Silverstone, Donington, Nürburgring Nordschiefe etc
I can't provide examples as like I say, so many factors are taken into consideration so it could be any end of the scale depending on ones personal details.

If you wanted to PM me your telephone number and email address, we can get in touch to provide a quote by all means.

We personally only cover UK tracks however, so Nürburgring/Nordschiefe is not a track we cover.

Regards,

Dan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.