Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take the car to lee and devil developments today for the week for engine forging and uorated oil breather. Well car drove absolutely fine on the way down there until 10 minutes away I noticed smoke billowing out the back. Started popping like mad when not accelerating and sounded like a spitfire. Was jerking back a fourth did not like any gear what so ever! Pulled over check under the bonnet only to see oil everywhere! Looks like the standard breather has had it.

Phoned lee and he said Yep sounds like the breather has gone. Just limp the car here and all will be fine. How lucky am I though to be having the car forged and breather done today for the breather to give out on the way there! Fingers crossed no other damage has been done!

·
Registered
787 Posts
That was ****** good timing!

So these things have breather issues was well or is this only on heavily modified examples?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The breather on all RS's isn't very good. They're prone to going on standard cars to so it's worthwhile upgrading

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi I have been thinking about syvecs , have you been running it with standard engine and turbo , just not shore how long my engine will last

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two standard engine and turbo. It can be mapped to whatever power you pretty much want. I'd recommend forging you're engine though. Don't need to upgrade the turbo unless you want to. Mines staying stAndard

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Two standard engine and turbo. It can be mapped to whatever power you pretty much want. I'd recommend forging you're engine though. Don't need to upgrade the turbo unless you want to. Mines staying stAndard
What's the benefit of syvec running standard power?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cuts down on torque steer, wheel spin. Also have the option of flat shifting which is awesome and you have the luxury of launch control. Only used it twice myself as I didn't want to break the car but unfortunately that has now happened

·
Premium Member
MK2 MR420 Clubsport
730 Posts
That was :censored: good timing!

So these things have breather issues was well or is this only on heavily modified examples?
Breather was also a weak spot on STs as well.

There's an upgraded mountune breather on the way....sometime.... :laughing:

Simon

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update from Devils. The pistons are kaput! Luckily
No other damage has been found. Got quite lucky there

1 - 20 of 40 Posts