Focus RS Forum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Cheers :nice: I knew he was good as i've had other stuff done there but i was still worried about the paint matching but its turned out great & i couldn't be happier with it :smile:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 · (Edited)
Bit of a resurrection 😄. Id completely forgotten about this and looking back at what it was like when i 1st got it, i was quite surprised. Quite a bit has changed over the last couple of years (for me and my RS). I moved to cornwall a while back and in a moment of 'its a small world' i was at work and walked into a garage and saw an absolutely mint performance blue MK 2 RS. Don't see many here so obviously got chatting, turns out i was talking to @RSROG008 😄.

Looking back the last pics of my RS its still on standard wheels and standard suspension. Think it was just before Ford Fair in 2016 i had some yellowspeed coilovers fitted-

After that the standard wheels looked too far under the arches, they needed a refurb and new tyres so i looked at changing them while id be spending money and ending up choosing some Rota PWR's, Think id only seen 1 other RS with those on at the time so they were quite different to what most people had changed to. Had the Rota's on for a few years because my favourite wheels that id always wanted for any car id owned were't available and if they were, i could never afford them anyway. I was still really happy with them though and still didn't see many people with them fited. Few of the latest pics i got with those fitted-

My Dad ordered a MK 3 aswell so its been nice 'having' both. Quite different to each other but i love both of them

It was always going to happen with this car, took longer than i thought though tbh 😄

For Ford Fair a couple of years ago i learnt how to give it a proper machine polish and it came up a treat. i was really pleased with the results and i didn't do any damage which i was always worried about

Id used it quite a lot by this point, travelling back up to see friends and family, driving about down here as there's some decent roads to enjoy it on but I've got a garage now so with it being tucked away and having a second car its really turned into a garage queen. Between the last 2 mot's i think id only done 270 miles

The high miles armchair, went through the mot last week and they thought they'd made a typo on the mileage

Used it a bit more but then lockdown 1? came. I carried on working but between jobs and at weekends i went into full 'tidy up' mode again. Seats out, i repainted the black metal seat bases & bolts as they'd gone rusty over the years and gave it a general tidy up inside.

Under here needed doing again, still on the original ford battery at this point but that has now given up and its been replaced

Had to get a new scuttle panel seal as the plastic had split where it clips onto the bottom of the windscreen which made the scuttle panel flap about

Something else id ignored for a while,

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 · (Edited)
Id bought some bonnet struts that didn't need the bodywork or anything to be drilled or cut so fitted those too and it makes a big difference. Not sure why Ford don't fit them from factory really

Completely removed this time round, cleaned up and replaced the foam seals around the edges too

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 · (Edited)
Still hate these things

Still haven't got round to replacing the crossover pipe, think i wanted to do that when i 1st bought it but all back together and clean now

Original battery finally gave up, it was a lot easier to replace than id been told and didn't take long at all really, even without taking the scuttle panel out again

Think it was a bosch S5 i replaced it with. Cant 100% remember now though. Got a ctek for the old battery to see if that could but it didn't so i just leave it on now as it doesn't get used much

Another thing that let it down was the aerial/gps base. Looked everywhere but couldn't find a replacement base so ended up buying a plastic cover for it which does the job

Now comes more of the fun stuff. Id been after the Mountune airbus lid since i had the X4 fitted a few years ago but whenever i remembered to look they were out of stock. Still had some Mountune points so used them and finally got the lid and a spare filter. No doubt they'd be out of stock if i ever needed a new 1 😄

Fast forward a bit and i had an email from Mountune with their '12 days of mountune' offers. I had no intention of ever changing the wheels again but my absolute favourite wheels of all time were suddenly for sale again, not cheap but i could probably just afford them as they were on pre-order so i would have a bit of time to save up. Id already been saving for an intercooler/remap but that had to wait this time. Things like this don't happen very often 😄

Finally had my favourite wheels and no money but that didn't matter, i had wheels 😄. Few weeks later i loaded the volvo up with the wheels and went off to get the tyres fitted. Had the wider tyres fitted as recommended on the mountune website, got them home and fitted the wheels. Booked in to get the wheel alignment done but for some reason the tyres were catching on the suspension mounts. Couldn't work out why and neither could Mountune when i asked them so i left it in the garage thinking id wasted a lot of money. Didn't want spacers fitted at this point because id heard people having to cut studs down etc and i didn't want anything 'permanent' like that doing to my car. Spoke to a couple of people who had spacers fitted and they said they hadn't cut the studs down but i still wasn't sure and thought it was because the struts on the yellow speed coilers were thicker. Long story short i ended up throwing more money at it and thought id make it as close to 'Mountune' spec as i could because i don't ever want to sell this car so i want it to be the best i can make it. Ended up buying the Bilstein B16's, had them fitted a couple of months ago but hardly used the car since, probably only about 100 miles so ill hopefully get time over christmas to get the wheel alignment done and adjust the softness/hardness on them. Had it corner weighted when it was fitted too and all new mounts/fixings for the suspension

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 · (Edited)

Got all the replacement original suspension parts from Andy at A&K Motorsport and can't recommend him enough really helpful with what i needed. Also got some spacers from him too, wanted to have everything covered and sorted this time round when i took it to get it all fitted

Quick stop on the way home

Perfect fit now

Since getting the new wheels, tyres and suspension fitted i said id use it more and not leave it sat under its cover plugged into the ctek. So far, so good. Its actually got dirty for the 1st time in a long time

That was a couple of weeks ago, all clean again now. Looks quite good dirty but you cant beat a clean RS

Replaced the boot seal as that split when i was washing it and put it away. Think I've done about 21k miles in it now

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Thought that would be it for now and next on the list to be ticked off would be the intercooler and more power, turns out Mountune's 12 days of Mountune was back 🤦‍♂️. Merry christmas to me 😄

That should be it for a while now. Its looking exactly how I always wanted it to and I've nearly got everything i wanted for it so only a couple more jobs to do until i probably start all over again 😄. Think the next 'big' job will be the rear arches as they are just starting to go

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Those brakes are fantastic 😎
really looking forward to getting them fitted. Might get the colour changed so they’re a bit more visible as the black looks a bit hidden 😄. Didn’t want the yellow or red though 😄

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Where did you get the bonnet lifters from that you do not have to drill the body work?

Got all the replacement original suspension parts from Andy at A&K Motorsport and can't recommend him enough really helpful with what i needed. Also got some spacers from him too, wanted to have everything covered and sorted this time round when i took it to get it all fitted

Quick stop on the way home

Perfect fit now

Since getting the new wheels, tyres and suspension fitted i said id use it more and not leave it sat under its cover plugged into the ctek. So far, so good. Its actually got dirty for the 1st time in a long time

That was a couple of weeks ago, all clean again now. Looks quite good dirty but you cant beat a clean RS

Replaced the boot seal as that split when i was washing it and put it away. Think I've done about 21k miles in it now

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Where did you get the bonnet lifters from that you do not have to drill the body work?
Sorry for the late reply, I got them from NB Styling. This is what I ordered, little bit fiddly the 1st side but once you’ve done 1 the other side is quicker

141 - 160 of 160 Posts