Focus RS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Few more bits done, changed the discs and pads all round to EBC turbo groove & yellowstuff pads. While i was having that done i got some Hel braided hoses and upgraded the fluid too so the brakes are all sorted now. Didnt fancy 'coloured' hoses but wanted something slightly different so went for the carbon effect.

2EAE8157-2951-4032-92B0-1E3F9B6D366A.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

Went to the Autumn motorsport day at Brooklands and got a couple of photo's on part of the old race track around Brooklands. Strange to think they used to race round there as its so steep.

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

Then i managed to get hold of some Bryplates from someone on here who had bought them and never got round to fitting them so they were brand new. Always wanted to get some so really pleased and they look great too :nice:

DCBB3203-AAC2-4236-BA4C-5FE349781DC8.jpg

Next on my list was a triple r splitter, always liked these too and found 1 for sale on Instagram so went and picked it up

808F96EA-686A-4C45-8363-10D717CF1E9B.jpg

Thats when the OCD problems started :facepalm: Holding it up against the car made the black paint on the car look a bit tired and the bit of black along the edge of the bumper showed up the small stone chips so i didn't fit and i'm getting all the black bits on the front sprayed... the 'mouth' part, all of the grills on the lower part of the bumper as they are flaking along the bottom and going rusty, the top grill i painted when i 1st got it, the bits under the headlights (looks like someone has caught it as 1 has a chip on the corner of it) and also the scuttle panel will be gone over with a heat gun to see if it comes up black again, if not ill buy a new 1 or get that painted too. Seeing as all of that is getting done i'm also getting the splitter sprayed, theres a couple of small marks on it which i would live with if i wasn't getting the rest done but while its off and its getting fitted when it all gets put back together it might aswell get put on looking brand new :laughing:

2CC1BFDF-04A5-4AE9-80C8-40B604677F70.jpg

Last pic, parked up outside a mates house at the weekend and when i came out it was dark & it looked like my car was glowing so had to take a pic :smile:

IMG_1621.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Brake lines look very nice :)
How is the brakes now compared to the oem?
Cheers, i was expecting them to look a bit 'tacky' being carbon fibre effect, being hidden though i wasn't too bothered as they would be hidden but they look loads better than i thought they would :nice:. Ive not really used it that much since getting them done tbh :laughing:. They feel better though, had to brake hard when i got cut up on a roundabout and it stopped pretty quickly

Are you sure that brake fluid is ok?

The standard Ford spec is Super DOT4.
I thought it was :sad:. Had a look on the internet and spoke to someone else who has used it but you've got me worried now. I made sure it was ok for abs systems as i saw that could be a problem with some fluid?

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,799 Posts
Cheers, i was expecting them to look a bit 'tacky' being carbon fibre effect, being hidden though i wasn't too bothered as they would be hidden but they look loads better than i thought they would :nice:. Ive not really used it that much since getting them done tbh :laughing:. They feel better though, had to brake hard when i got cut up on a roundabout and it stopped pretty quickly

I thought it was :sad:. Had a look on the internet and spoke to someone else who has used it but you've got me worried now. I made sure it was ok for abs systems as i saw that could be a problem with some fluid?
A quick summary for you as you have to be careful:

http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/30597-brake-fluid-dot4-or-5/#entry487025

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Nice job and an interesting write up, car is looking epic.Sorry to hear that some div ran into the back of you after all your hard work!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Ill have a look now, thanks for the link :nice:. Also reminded me my membership has run out so ill renew that too :laughing:

Nice job and an interesting write up, car is looking epic.Sorry to hear that some div ran into the back of you after all your hard work!
Thanks :nice: Slowed down a lot recently as ive been busy with work or just run out of things i can do myself but hopefully ill get chance to do a few more bits to it soon. Yea i was really ****** off and still am as it was never sorted out.

some great attention to detail. i need to get my finger out and start looking after mine more thats for sure.
Looks great mate tidy work :thumbsup:
Cheers :smile:. Heard back from the place i'll use to get the paint done and earliest they have is halfway through january so its a bit of a wait, i thought it would be a while as they are always busy so i'm not too bothered as it gives me time to get a couple of other bits collected together and see if i can get it all done at once. 1 of the fog light lenses has gone a bit foggy looking on the inside so while the bumper is off it will be easy to do that & also a cold air feed as ill probably do the air filter at some point between now and christmas :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Reading through the brake fluid thread, have i just not really upgraded the fluid? Without knowing i've just replaced like for like or have i got it wrong?. As long as its not the wrong type of fluid i'm happy to leave it in as i don't want to be changing it every year if i put 5.1 in but obviously if theres something wrong with whats in there now ill get it changed asap & not use it until thats done.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,799 Posts
From your picture it looks to be as though you've downgraded to DOT4, whereas the standard Ford is Super DOT4.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Not long until it goes in to get the front tidied up :smile:. All the black bits on the front are getting sprayed, the grill's are getting done properly now too & theres a few bits need repairing where clips have broken underneath or screws have been left out of the undertray. The scuttle panel keeps fading to grey aswell so he said he will go carefully over it with a heat gun and see how it turns out as that should bring it back to a nice black again. Also getting the splitter painted and fitted, hopefully some carbon mirror covers turn up too so they can go on, I ordered those before christmas but they got lost in the post which is annoying. BryPlates are still in their box so they need fitting. The lens on 1 of the foglights has gone cloudy & the other side is covered in tiny stone chips so i've got some new 1's to go on. Waiting for some upgraded bulbs to put in those before they get replaced so they will make it look smarter again :)

Wasn't sure if the foglights would just clean up but didnt want to risk it and not get any. Id rather buy some and know they look alright

0A99DEF6-F87B-4571-ABC2-1973E5A097A3.jpg

78D56434-05C3-4F2E-8B95-E3DD539F5A6F.jpg

Apart from collecting things to put on it, i haven't done much else recently. Kept it clean and driven it :smile:

Couple more pics :)

Left the wax on overnight

130435CF-CB14-4438-A743-27DF4B7EA88C.jpg

9A4D20E9-B988-45B9-8A7D-8EB23D844650.jpg

75F0E920-5F3B-4153-A355-179A3E189DC3.jpg

44D2A817-BB88-4A0C-AF1F-9E27B1687B85.jpg

55F84609-9ABD-483E-92F3-9637D5DAD48B.jpg

Had a new garage door fitted just before christmas and was having a play around with it :facepalm: . ended up messing about and came up with this to pass the time

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af148/lj1689/Focus%20RS/th_15BA1FD1-394D-4A08-9B0A-96451F1682DD.mp4

Had a bit more bad luck with it though, between christmas and new year some people tried getting in it :rant: . Think it was just chancers as they tried a van round the corner but phoned the police and they were round within 10 minutes of phoning them and it was all reported, they had a look round but couldn't find anything. I went out saturday for a drive and stopped to get a couple of photos-

Back looks fine

9C30C142-8CE5-40C4-A917-8539999F67AB.jpg

Front has something missing :sad2:

3D0AAE20-EC78-4583-82F4-DFFF9DC17EC3.jpg

No idea where the numberplate went but it wasn't at home, not on the road near my house either. i didn't hear or see it go past the windscreen or under the car at all so its like its just vanished. Managed to get a new 1 sorted though so that can go on as soon as it stops raining.

Went to the RS meet at the weekend too and that turned out to be an expensive breakfast :lol:.

BBEDCC34-CC0E-4ED7-95A5-A98B76A26A6D.jpg

If it al goes to plan ill be going down to mountune on wednesday for a couple of bits which is good :nice: but then the bad news is someone has kindly used my car to stop their door opening too far :icon7[1]:

5F76ACA3-E6AE-491F-A9F8-70C18296ED3E.jpg

5F75A0C5-6E68-45C8-94F2-57610CE0D246.jpg

The only place its been left in a public car park or where someone can park near it since i last cleaned it was on sunday while we were inside eating breakfast. Didnt see anyone parked near it though but its the drivers door handle which was the side where someone could've parked next to it. Ill have to see if they can do anything with it next week but for now ill just have to be careful as the paint is rough and flakey and you can feel its going to catch the edges and pull it off if i don't do something about it.

Think thats it for now :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
That's some shine mate 8)
Thanks Clive :nice: With the MadCow candy Wax you can leave it on overnight, i wasn't sure and imagined it being a nightmare the next day but id taken too long so wouldn't have got it all done so left it and it was just as easy taking it off the next day. Supposed to give a better shine doing that too & i think i agree 8)

Looks good.

What did you decide with the brake fluid in the end? I'm running the same with alcons fitted lol
:nice: I've just left it for now :laughing:. Thought of the time & hassle of getting dropping it off & getting it changed again etc and if its not doing any harm ill just get it done when its serviced. I don't drive it very hard anyway and especially not in the winter so its not likely to need high performance brake fluid at this time of year :laughing:. Ill get it done in march/april time as it was serviced for me when i bought it and that'll be a year since it was last done.

aaw the door handle mark is a bit gash! :sad:
Keep on enjoying the car though! :nice:
Im gutted about it :sad: . People say red cars are supposed to be unlucky but its green for me :laughing:. Its just 1 of those things though & as annoying as it is, its done now :thumbsdown: ill get it sorted next week as im sure he will do a better job than me. Even if its done carefully with a touch up pen to try and make it look better. Typical that its in full view though :facepalm:

Something else im quite happy about is my car was used in a detailing company's calendar & i've got a copy of it. They asked if i had any decent photo's of it as there was a small space going, sent them a few i liked and they chose the photo of it on the old Brooklands track when i went to the Autumn motorsport day there :nice: . Never had anything like that before so it was a nice surprise when they asked

IMG_1095.jpg

9B7E0DAC-5040-490C-A9A1-8C1D6CCF8D4C.jpg

Im not sure if this is a stupid question or not but does anyone know what these small bulbs are for? Its hard to get a photo of them but on the glass it says 'E13 12v5w'? I ordered some brighter bulbs for the foglights which i found on 1 of Clive's threads

64258AAB-728A-480D-BCFC-A9C88926D7F6.jpg

The smaller bulbs were in the boxes with the H11's but ive got no idea what they are for :wassat:

840FEF11-3207-4247-94F5-3A3B8A8146AB.jpg

Also managed to get my new numberplate back on the front of the car, hopefully it doesn't disappear again as ive got an early start in the morning, off to mountune HQ for a couple of bits :DDance:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Early start was well worth it this morning, went down to Mountune HQ and had the X4 induction kit fitted and got rid of the mouse squeak with the Mountune re-circ valve too :thumbsup:. I didn't realise how big their place was, couldn't fault them at all though and can see why they've got such a good reputation. Everyone was really friendly & helpful while i was there & it was nice to go somewhere new & not be worrying about my car while they had it :eek:riginal:. I can see this becoming the start of an expensive addiction :facepalm:

As the sun was out i stopped off quickly on the way home for a couple of pics :smile:

692B7F0A-37AB-4C70-BF33-4BF457451D33.jpg

I love the little yellow M badge on there too, stopped off to get petrol on the way home, looked across from the shop window & thought it looked pretty good :smile: . My plan has always been to do a few bits but try & keep it looking similar to standard. Just enough to see things have been done but not jumping out at you if that makes sense, thats 1 reason why i didn't go for the group A filter as even though it sounds good it just looked a bit ott for me. i love it in other peoples cars though which is weird :laughing:

2DF4ECAC-4DF9-4D8C-8133-4F5A337A6156_1.j

5FFD1AFE-7439-4DF2-92C1-513414387EB0_1.j

B287F39A-E4E6-49BB-AFA1-3485B1C3D8FB.jpg

31E0C887-612B-42D0-8F51-ED01F44C10A2_1.j

Makes a good noise too :nice:. Its good the standard lid back on it for now but eventually i think i'll end up buying the Mountune lid to finish it off but i also need to take the lid off & hear it like that as its supposed to sound a lot better :smile: . Made the exhaust pop & bang a lot more too which makes driving it even more fun with that going off at the back& the induction noise at the front. After what happened over christmas and the door damage its put a big smile on my face so its been well worth doing :laughing:. From wht started off as me buying a second hand front splitter its turning out to be quite an expensive thing as thats lead to getting the front sprayed which lead to getting the cold air feed fitted 1st and that ended up with the re-circ valve getting changed as the squeak was getting annoying :laughing:. Slowly getting closer to how i want it though

The old re-circ valve was definately past it though. looks like its in australia too for some reason

0BA7C93C-C94B-4851-8B9C-37F9CA4E227D.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
After a week away i picked it up saturday morning and to anyone else it just looks like ive had the splitter fitted but its made a big difference when i look at the front now :thumbsup: All the stone chips are gone, all the gloss black bits are a nice gloss black again, the grills have all been blasted & powder coated too & also the splitter is on. I had the new fog lights with the new bulbs fitted so they are a better colour now aswell & im really happy with how it turned out :nice:. Adam sent me a few pics when he was done, he took som more when he had it apart too so ill see if he can send me some so i can put them with all my other pics ive got of my car :facepalm:

8BD20F73-58D0-4B82-A930-7D3DD27351BF.jpg

8ADFA88C-0D04-4921-896D-D5F995F247E2.jpg

0E146E3B-0D41-42D1-B91D-34CD5316DE40.jpg

47EB5849-D556-4EE1-9FFE-D7721D52DEF2.jpg

I was a bit worried about getting the handle done as it seems to be hard to get a match for UG but looking at it, you'd never know its been painted :)

C07528F2-1F0E-4713-81E3-3CD28E9A4417.jpg

F1DC4F5C-D0AA-4FFD-BA51-FD59B55FEFF5.jpg

Today i finally fitted the Bry Plates i bought about 3 months ago & they finish it off nicely :nice:

1D38DDAB-41B8-411B-BB73-B917B870FAC9.jpg

Still got loads to do to get it looking how i want it to but each job gets it closer to being finished, just not going quick enough :laughing:

121 - 140 of 160 Posts