Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Went and did a bit of mooching yesterday, was suppose to go look at a mk7 golf R but I really prefer the mk6 as the new one I think look like a standard golf with big wheels , bit bland if I must say.
So over to Vauxhall, I do like the look of the new vxr ( aero pack is must have ) in Arden blue , and been a Vauxhall boy at heart ( dare I admit that on here haha) I'm quite keen on them.
I spec'd a car up to around £33,000 with all the extras I wanted and was offered about £18,000 for mine plus there £1500 deposit contribution and they do 0% on finance . So was impressed there.
Then the salesman was like if we go on a test drive an you like will you shake my hand on a deal today..... I said no I need to see how it goes and weather I would be happy giving up my RS which is a joy to drive..... After a bit of bartering and him telling me it would be a 3 month build and I would have to pay for the extras up front which I said I wouldn't do, and with time an issue and no test drive as of yet he spoke to his manager and came back with some intresting news that if I want the car after test drive , all I need to pay is £100 deposit and you can have the car for £26,000!!!! Upon a deal this weekend .... So decisions lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Arrrrgghhh mate thats a tough one, big drop from £33,000 to £26,000.. can i ask,why your thinking of getting rid of the RS? And a little heads up for you here.. my mate has got the Astra GTC VXR and the paint is extremely thin.. something like a year or 18 months old and already had a full respray :( believe that was under warranty though, maybe something to consider. Great looking cars though

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Nice cars but have a look on vxro a lot of people having a lot if issues with them. Gearbox problems, problems with the brakes, heated seats failing and most commonly the paint as mentioned above.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arrrrgghhh mate thats a tough one, big drop from £33,000 to £26,000.. can i ask,why your thinking of getting rid of the RS? And a little heads up for you here.. my mate has got the Astra GTC VXR and the paint is extremely thin.. something like a year or 18 months old and already had a full respray :( believe that was under warranty though, maybe something to consider. Great looking cars though
I have heard of the paint issues yes that is a worrying thing .....also depreciation !!!!

Erm if I'm honest I don't really want to get rid I just like shopping about and I don't tend to keep cars long , but I have had a Vauxhall astra Sri turbo 190 for the past 5 years , shows how much of a Vauxhall boy I am haha

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Cars that get big discounts from new will depreciate like a stone. In three years I reckon the Astra would be worth no more than £13k and I bet the RS will be worth more.

Re the golf r mk 7 that looks interesting as it's got some trick four wheel drive system that you can actually drift

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
As said in the above post , don't buy a new vxr you will loose a huge amount of the value off it , personally id keep the RS and wait for the prices to plummet then you'll pick one up for an absolute steal !!
Must admit they look a tasty bit of kit and if I was going to get one I'd wait and grab a bargain :)

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
The other thing swaying me is that the interior is really nice
It will still be nice in 12 months time too when you'll save the £££££££ 's ;-)
A long time ago I bought a fully specked veccy v6 Sri it was a ex Avis fleet car , fully maintained and wanted for nothing . It would have been 23k plus if not more new ...... I bought it for 11,500 at 30 months old .
At the end of the day it's your car your choice but I know what I'd do ;-)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
There a very nice looking car but I took the dealer out in mine as I know him quite well and he's got cossies and that but he couldt believe how the RS put the power down and how quick it was.. Let him drive mine too...

He was hob smacked and wants one now

Mine cp420 thou.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
That main instrument cluster is very similar to the RS. I think you'd regret it personally mate- especially come re sale time.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts