Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals!

A few people already know via social media and through personal conversation, I've just taken delivery of my brand new Mercedes-AMG A45, and wanted to share it with you all. The Ford days seem quite long ago already and I've only had the car since Friday!! The amount of attention and compliments it has received has been incredible tbh. I thought my mk2 RS gained attention but this is on another level again. She's one of the first to be delivered in the UK, spec as follows:

Mountain Grey metallic paint
Premium Pack - with Harman Kardon, panoramic roof, electric seats, keyless etc
Night Pack - gloss black bits and SLS 19" wheels
Aero Pack - all the canards, lower front splitter and double deck rear spoiler
Performance Exhaust

I've got to run it in for 1000mls before I can give it the berries, but there's quite a few mechanical changes over the first edition, such as revised cam settings to make 381hp, adaptive suspension, 4 drive modes (individual, comfort, sport, and sport+), and a shorter ratio gearbox from 3-7th.

Anyway, I'll report back with a driving review once I've had chance to open it up and done some miles in it!

Captain Cadbury is dead. Long live Captain Cadbury!!

Thanks for looking.

Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate

PS - for some reason the uploaded isn't working properly for me, will try again later!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Having seen the price of a similar spec'd version on display at Frankfurt motorshow, I'd hate to see the price of it mind. Very nice interior

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,782 Posts
Very nice Matt. :thumbsup:

It will be nice to see some more pictures when you've got time.

As predicted, 2015/16 are very interesting times for the hot hatch. :yep:

·
Registered
516 Posts
The most important thing is that you like it.

My parents like it - my wife's mum has an A series sport that looks very similar. I'm not sure you will be getting many comments on it from anyone other than die hard fanatics.

Not for me I'm afraid even if they have sorted the numb driving experience, it still looks like the standard A series.

Each to their own but the Lamborghini drew my attention.

As much as the mk3 RS is a watered down experience in the looks department, Ford still have it in the bag, with the Airfix kit Type R at number two.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts

My parents like it - my wife's mum has an A series sport that looks very similar. I'm not sure you will be getting many comments on it from anyone other than die hard fanatics.

Not for me I'm afraid even if they have sorted the numb driving experience, it still looks like the standard A series.

As much as the mk3 RS is a watered down experience in the looks department, Ford still have it in the bag, with the Airfix kit Type R at number two.
Always love hearing your negative comments on EVERY A45 thread Mr Winter 😝

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Another comment in the A45........lol

A series sport looking the same, show a pic and so we can compare it. Have you driven an A45 or us it just your mums sport you have drove.
Time to take the Ford blinkers off and look what else is out there.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Always love hearing your negative comments on EVERY A45 thread Mr Winter
My comments could be taken as constructive. Some people prefer the wolf in sheep's clothing apperance.

I personally feel very strongly that a car should be what it is. If its a hyper hatch, then it should look.....well hyper. If its a Supercar, then it should look.... Super.

I am a Ford fanatic but there are no blinkers here. I just see character, charisma and drama as key aspects of making a performance car desirable and fun to drive. No amount of performance can take precedence of these critical attributes.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts