Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a call from one of the dealers I reached out to, he said they were marking it up 10,000 USD over sticker, putting it around or over depending on spec 50,000 USD, ouch 馃槚

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At 拢32800
It's still cheaper than a fully loaded one in the UK
I'm very surpised, 50K+ here in the States gets into some VERY stiff competition, at that point, you could pay 2,000 more and get the GT350 (in the fantasy world where there's no markup for that) 😂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How can they do this? is a price not a price??
They do it cause they can and they know that people will pay for it cause they will be so hard to come by, its easy enough to stay away from that but there will be panic here when people really catch wind of this RS, it's still not well known here in the States, so they will pay an arm and a leg to get their hands on one
I'm sure there were more than a few RS500s first registered to the dealership, so presumably something similar?
Yes

Registered
We have dealer inventory first then customer orders. Those not aware of that will rush to buy dealer inventory when there really isn't a need. Worst case you wait a year when build to demand kicks in and order one from a more reasonable dealer. That's my plan. If the numbers are not right, I will wait a year. Gives me more time to save and owe less on my trade in. Win win for me.

Registered
I intend on waiting a year also, see how things fair.

I can't wait for the press to get hold of them and tell us all about them when compared to the competition. I just hope the press cars are not all mapped like the mk2 press cars. In a way It seems a bit false.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have dealer inventory first then customer orders. Those not aware of that will rush to buy dealer inventory when there really isn't a need. Worst case you wait a year when build to demand kicks in and order one from a more reasonable dealer. That's my plan. If the numbers are not right, I will wait a year. Gives me more time to save and owe less on my trade in. Win win for me.
Agreed, patience is very key for us, the sheep who buy into this tactic are going to be eaten alive next spring. I'm confident I will be able to not only get one but negotiate price a little based on who I've talked to and who I trust.

Registered
Kev, how were the press cars mapped
It was never proved, but there were a number of press cars that reported a lot quicker 0-60 times and in gear times than what was quoted by ford. Early 09 cars also weren't able to replicate the top speed that was quoted by ford at launch.

It is however important to factor in all the problems post launch with the various ECU updates to overcome cars being down on power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts