Focus RS Forum banner
621 - 639 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have just done a sync 3 upgrade to a 2016 focus ST took me 45 mins as i found that if you have this usb hub (see pic) in the arm rest you don't need to use the jumper lead :thumbsup: and for the gps antenna i use the one form a 2015 fiesta part number 1814338 and works spot on

Hub

Hood Communication Device Automotive exterior Automotive design Vehicle door

GPS

Office ruler Rectangle Tool Font Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
ive got that usb hub terry does that mean ive no need to swap it out for the loom that i got then? hows it different to others?
Nick

No wiring needed just change the hub over as your hub has the flat connector (2 wires) were the other type hub has the square (8 pin) connector to be honest this is the first time i have seen this hub, and it might even work without changing it

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I swapped my original USB hub (with the SD card slot and aux input) for the one shown above, I needed to solder in a new power supply plug as the original was different.

·
Registered
836 Posts
When I swapped my original USB hub (with the SD card slot and aux input) for the one shown above, I needed to solder in a new power supply plug as the original was different.
That's because you had this type fitted with the square plug fitted

Rectangle Font Wood Electronic device Metal

Wood Rectangle Flash memory Hardwood Computer data storage

Were the one in my post above has the flat connector at the bottom

Toy Motor vehicle Lego Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Nick

No wiring needed just change the hub over as your hub has the flat connector (2 wires) were the other type hub has the square (8 pin) connector to be honest this is the first time i have seen this hub, and it might even work without changing it
thats good then ,itll save me a bit of messing around :thumbsup:

·
Registered
405 Posts
the only music that gets played in my car comes out the radio or cd lol,ill fit my later type when i do mine and do away with the slot
napster is my collection in the car now.. streaming is brilliant... who would of thought 10 years ago you would be streaming from the cloud whilst driving... - or is this making me sound old?

·
Registered
224 Posts
@Tezza is there a way around the issue where you get crossed controls for Air Con selection on Sync 3 if you enable this on Forscan. I have read about it elsewhere and UK cars seems to have the issue where it won't work correctly - not sure if this is fixable unless you change the hardware (which I'm not going to bother with!)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just done a sync 3 upgrade to a 2016 focus ST took me 45 mins as i found that if you have this usb hub (see pic) in the arm rest you don't need to use the jumper lead 👍 and for the gps antenna i use the one form a 2015 fiesta part number 1814338 and works spot on

Hub

View attachment 816751

GPS

View attachment 816753
Hi and Sorry for the thread resurrection. I'm looking to do exactly the same job on my 2016 ST3. The Fiesta GPS Antenna looks like a great option. Where did you put the GPS Antenna? From the lead in the photo I assume it is under the dash somewhere?!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi and Sorry for the thread resurrection. I'm looking to do exactly the same job on my 2016 ST3. The Fiesta GPS Antenna looks like a great option. Where did you put the GPS Antenna? From the lead in the photo I assume it is under the dash somewhere?!
When I took care of mine, that's what I did: the antenna is behind the unit as far as I remember. I used nylon cable ties to make sure it wouldn't move.

I was planning to replace the aerial but never bothered to. Plus let's be honest, I rarely use the built-in nav: Sync 3 and android auto to the rescue...

621 - 639 of 639 Posts