Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I dont think its possible. I was told this by the dealer when I collected mine.

I don't think its just software, you would have to change all the gubbins. I've not seen sync 3 running but I actually quite like sync 2 although I'm sure the new system is better.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ford parts including the lead sett and a GPS adaptor for the GPS puc for a sync 3 controller and screen £864.00. But why would you want to? its not that much better, and no better at all if you bought your RS to drive not download Apple Apps... :nope: :nope:

All IMO of course :yep:

·
Registered
316 Posts
People have done this in the US.

It's a new head unit behind the dash and a new screen. Oh..And some mystical black-arts car reprogramming.

Wait for some crashed Fords with Sync 3 to appear...?

Or if you look in the FINIS parts thread, Tezza has listed the cost of the Sync 3 parts for a Mondeo - which are basically the same.

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,497 Posts
Hi, does anyone know if Ford will offer an upgrade to Sync 3 if their current vehicles have Sync 2?
Thanks
@RS-SA
No.

I asked the service director (who was at the imeche rs talk @ Dunton) this exact question and also an IT source I know who supports Sync in Europe.

If owners would care to post an indication of a realistic price they are willing to pay I will print the thread and send it to him though it might help the business case.

One has to remember though that this needs to be engineered with detailed installation information for aftermarket fit by dealer or competent person, as fitting it afterwards is very different to fitting during production.

And also those engineering costs need to be recovered in sales of aftermarket upgrades, before Ford would make any profit.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
@RS-SA
No.

I asked the service director (who was at the imeche rs talk @ Dunton) this exact question and also an IT source I know who supports Sync in Europe.

If owners would care to post an indication of a realistic price they are willing to pay I will print the thread and send it to him though it might help the business case.

One has to remember though that this needs to be engineered with detailed installation information for aftermarket fit by dealer or competent person, as fitting it afterwards is very different to fitting during production.

And also those engineering costs need to be recovered in sales of aftermarket upgrades, before Ford would make any profit.
I think £1000 is probably the cut off point for me. As long as i can still use the Ford Nav (from sync2) with the sync3.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sync 2 plays music, has nav, hell I prefer my old Nokia for most things!

In a few years when Sync 4 is out this upgrade to Sync 3 at a possible £1000 will be a right smile!

There is a new smart phone every year, hell I am not getting into buying a new car each year just for its audio interface!

1 - 20 of 639 Posts