Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, generally getting there with the RS now after 3 weeks of ownership. One thing that is bugging me is when driving tight corners at slow speeds the wheels seem to hop slightly? Feels like my ST did when the rear lower arm
Bushes were beginning to fail.
It's no problem but do guys fit poly bush upgrades to the front end? Does it mess with the revo knuckle? Or
Just re fit oem?

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,068 Posts
i have used hardrace bushes, i was one of the first to start using them as they was relatively new on the scene, i have found them to very good and car is very planted

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
I'd strongly recommend hard race. I have virtually every hard race item fitted to my Rs. Accompanied with club sport suspension. It has transformed the ride tremendously. Steering feels instant and precise. All are easy to fit. Avoid poly bushe. It's a lot of hassle to fit. And have been complaints of squeaking. Due to insufficient lubrication. Contact Andy @ A&K Motorsport. He supply's it all.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Ive got hard race bushes but I'm not totally convinced.

My usage may be different to yours but Over the last year and a bit my car has mainly been used for track days.

I upgraded to hard race bushes as I was getting rubbing of the rear arch under heavy braking.

I'm still getting rubbing under heavy braking, so much so I now have no arch liner or washer fluid bottle :cry: :lol: Which to me means the hard race bushes can't cope with the pressures or I have another weakend component.

Time will tell, I'm looking at trying some super pro bushes next as these seem to come highly recommended on vags

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I have to say, I've never been a fan of poly bushing suspension. I've never done it to any of my cars.

Yeah I have changed shocks and springs and maybe anti-roll bar bushes, but I always keep the rest of the bushes OEM. I think you need some flexibility left in a road car, or you get too much "skipping" over bumps.

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,068 Posts
Ive got hard race bushes but I'm not totally convinced.

My usage may be different to yours but Over the last year and a bit my car has mainly been used for track days.

I upgraded to hard race bushes as I was getting rubbing of the rear arch under heavy braking.

I'm still getting rubbing under heavy braking, so much so I now have no arch liner or washer fluid bottle :cry: :lol: Which to me means the hard race bushes can't cope with the pressures or I have another weakend component.

Time will tell, I'm looking at trying some super pro bushes next as these seem to come highly recommended on vags
May i ask you something?
I am curious but why do you think the bushes isnt up to your standard? If your rubbing the washer bottle surely that's due to the shocks? Again I am only asking just to understand :)

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
May i ask you something?
I am curious but why do you think the bushes isnt up to your standard? If your rubbing the washer bottle surely that's due to the shocks? Again I am only asking just to understand :)
The point I'm getting rubbing is half way up the rear of the arch which to me indicates lateral not vertical movement.

Also it's only on one side and occurs under braking. As bothe springs are the same lb weighting and dampers on the same setting in my eyes it indicated a weak component somewhere

·
Premium Member
RS mk2 MR375
1,772 Posts
So, generally getting there with the RS now after 3 weeks of ownership. One thing that is bugging me is when driving tight corners at slow speeds the wheels seem to hop slightly? Feels like my ST did when the rear lower arm
Bushes were beginning to fail.
It's no problem but do guys fit poly bush upgrades to the front end? Does it mess with the revo knuckle? Or
Just re fit oem?
This is when you are at full lock and manoeuvring? It's not the bushes, it's the lack of steering lock and the wide tyres on the RS, means that one edge of the tyre can't keep up and literally has to skip over the surface....
Changing bushes won't fix it.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
The point I'm getting rubbing is half way up the rear of the arch which to me indicates lateral not vertical movement.

Also it's only on one side and occurs under braking. As bothe springs are the same lb weighting and dampers on the same setting in my eyes it indicated a weak component somewhere
I have this problem aswell. I was thinking about polybushes when i upgrade my shocks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.