Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a Supercar experience tommorrow which cars would you choose? I am thinking Ferarri, lambo for definate and between Porsche GT3 or Nissan GTR

Aston Martin DB9,

Porsche 911 GT3 RS,

Lamborghini Gallardo,

Nissan GTR

Aerial Atom

Audi R8

Ferarri F430

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Aerial atom as one of your 3 :yep:

The experience of being in something with its bhp to weight ratio, the acceleration, and the fact you feel like you're in a big gokart is something that the other vehicles simply can't replicate.
Ferrari and Porsche would be my other 2.

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
Doing a Supercar experience tommorrow which cars would you choose? I am thinking Ferarri, lambo for definate and between Porsche GT3 or Nissan GTR

Aston Martin DB9,

Porsche 911 GT3 RS,

Lamborghini Gallardo,

Nissan GTR

Aerial Atom

Audi R8

Ferarri F430
I did one of these & I had five to choose from. Out of your list I went in the

GTR

Gallardo

F430

Atom

I also drove an MP4-12C

Out of yours I'd go F430, Gallardo & GT3 :yep:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

The experience of being in something with its bhp to weight ratio, the acceleration, and the fact you feel like you're in a big gokart is something that the other vehicles simply can't replicate.
Just drove by somebody who had crashed there aerial atom at Loch Lomond! Looked a write off.

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts

Aston Martin DB9,

Porsche 911 GT3 RS,

Lamborghini Gallardo,

Nissan GTR

Aerial Atom

Audi R8

Ferarri F430
Everyone who's been that I know of struggle with stuff like the Lambo and Ferrari - don't know if it's the position or the out and out supercar nature of them but they seemed to have enjoyed driving stuff like the Aston Martins etc

DB9 first for confidence if you can, then 911 GT3 RS then probably a Ferrari if you haven't been in one to tick it off the bucket list!

I'd only consider the Atom on warm sunny days lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always wanted a Nissan GTR which is why i cant decide between this and GT3 , GTR is definately ownable in the future (after the MK3 RS) GT3 RS definatley not!!!

Think i have the option to pay extra to upgrade to mclaren

Good point just made the decision harder

Might have to do this again next year with different cars

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
The experience of being in something with its bhp to weight ratio, the acceleration, and the fact you feel like you're in a big gokart is something that the other vehicles simply can't replicate. Ferrari and Porsche would be my other 2.
I echo what Jon says, my choices to a T.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ive done this. The GTR was by far the best car. They wouldnt let me drive the Atom though, but their Stig took me out for 2 laps in it. Absolutely brutal.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I did one and drove a gallardo balboni the lighter rear wheel drive version,nissan gtr and an atom.

The atom is a must and im glad i drove it last as the other two would have felt like 1.1 corsa's compared to it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I went for the Porsche GT3 RS, Lambo Gallardo and couldn't resist the lure of the Nissan GTR.

All the cars were pretty awesome to drive as you would expect, very little between them....the car I liked least was the GT3 RS.

To be fair this probably wasn't so much down to the car more the the instructor. The instructor in the GT3 was constantly telling me to change up gear at around 3.5 to 4k rev, I think he lacked confidence in me because its rear wheel drive, this kind of diluted the experience.

The Gallardo instructor was great, listened to his instructions on the first lap, next two laps there was no instructions I just got on with it :woohoo: This made the big difference.

Nissan GTR instructor was also young I got in the car thinking...This should be good. His opening gambit was we can do this two ways...my way or you can come in after the first lap :facepalm:. So I listened to him first two laps them totally :f: ignored him on the last (last car last lap) cos he couldn't stop me.

GTR was awesome.... I will OWN one...

I came away feeling what makes or breaks the experience in any of the cars is which instructor you end up with,.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good day.

Completely agree with you on the instructor bit, had the same when I did a palmersport day. Instructors in the Clio cup and Porsche 911 race cars were brilliant and really encouraged you to nail the car every where and gave great instruction on how to get more out of the car.

The instructor I had in the Jag lemans car was terrible, hardly said anything all the way round except brake or ease off the gas.

The Jag was the car I was most looking forward to driving as I'd never experienced anything like it before and may never again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.