Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Spec'd mine with Sunroof but standard seats, I am shocked looking at the poll hardly anyone has gone for the sunroof.

When I have sold cars in the past I have always been asked has it got a sunroof but it seems here not many have ordered them so I am guessing on RS models having a sunroof or not doesn't really affect the selling of the car.

In which case am I better off going for CS seats, As more people are ordering with those seats I am guessing they will also be more sought after when I come to sell.

Any help or advise here would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
has anyone seen any decent pictures of the RS with the sunroof option. Still umming and erring about adding a sunroof myself. A quick google image search has not shown a decent image.

·
Registered
61 Posts
if its a choice, CS seats all they way they are amazing seats.

i'm still on the fence weather i want a sunroof in my mk3 RS

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
why would people not go for the better seats? Is it just cost? The standard ones look like ST seats.
I was in limbo before I went to see my dealer shall I pay or not so whilat I was there last week I sat in an 15 plate ST3 seat and have to say they felt great and felt more comfortable than my current ST3 seats so that made my mind up on the day

·
Registered
957 Posts
I will get the standard seats if the back seats are like the ST type rear seats as is with the CS ones. Plain rear seats don't look right to me. If not will go for the CS jobbies. + I will be getting sunroof.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was in limbo before I went to see my dealer shall I pay or not so whilat I was there last week I sat in an 15 plate ST3 seat and have to say they felt great and felt more comfortable than my current ST3 seats so that made my mind up on the day
I did the same.... I sat in an ST3 and was amazed how nice the seats were and how much more supportive they were than my Mk2 RS's Recaros. Also, having height adjustment meant I could lower them right down.

Unfortunately my dealer has confirmed the standard & standard with blue seats are half leather / cloth versions of the ST2 seats, not the ST3. My wife hates my Mk2 seats and as I can't spec the full leather & heated ST3-type seats (as mainland Europe seem to be able to do), it's looking like I'm going to forego an initial build-slot order and wait a while. I need to see / sit in one and convince myself I'm happy with a lower-spec seat than an ST3 has! Who knows, maybe Ford UK will alter the spec for the 2nd/3rd build phases.....

As for the sunroof, I was going to order one, but with Magnetic Grey paint, so it would have been a lot less obvious than it is on an NB car.

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
Ive gone for the sun roof as I like the air circulation it creates when tilted
I think they look pretty cool when tilted too! 8)

Sunroof and standard seats (with blue bolsters) for me, I never rated the seats in the mk2 as comfortable, at my age I need a bit of comfort this time around :thumbsup:
Especially when your bouncing up the grass verges! :whistle: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts