Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I cant find an answer..........

How do you stop the squeaking where the seat belt rubs the top of the seat when in use?

Does my nut in lol............

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Turn the radio up?

Or get a section 59 exhaust, either should solve your problem :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Mine did it last year. Since moving the back upright seat part upwards as I sit almost upright as oppose to the 'cruzin' bad boy style. The squeaking has completely gone
It's usually the left bolster that squeaks.

I also have a bad back so I've no choice but to sit as straight as possible.

·
Premium Member
9,996 Posts
The casing around my drivers side inner door handle creaks while on the motorway... *Sighs* good ol'Ford! :wink:

·
Registered
608 Posts
My seat squeaks real bad just now. Sounds like the mechanism, think it's time to get the finger out along with the wd40!

I've also started to get a brake squeal kind of noise when turning right at slow speed that's driving me crazy!! But that's for another thread.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clive thanks for the velcro tip........

However - as per all my school reports - 'must try harder'.......

It was simply moving the adjuster up :facepalm: Embarrassed or what lol.... Didn't know there was one.

Oh I forgot to say = found the steering wheel today :nice: slow learning process for me haha.....

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You're not alone mate! In my case I tried raising and lowering the seatbelt djuster to no avail, I still get the "squeaking where the seat belt rubs the top of the seat when in use" all the time grrr... maybe some kind of grease will fix it, but not permanently?!?

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,094 Posts
Clive was spot on! Had this on at least 3 focuses and a Kuga. Seat base squeaks can be sorted by adjusting the runners too from time to time...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts