Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
I never touch mine, it gets shown how it is as it arrives. Maybe carefully clean any bugs off the front but that's all.

I won't rub road dirt into my paint & cause swirls, but each to there own. I think alot do as you say with the detail spray.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I never touch mine, it gets shown how it is as it arrives. Maybe carefully clean any bugs off the front but that's all.

I won't rub road dirt into my paint & cause swirls, but each to there own. I think alot do as you say with the detail spray.
+1

Maybe the wheels to get any brake dust off and clean the windows but I just do the minimum, the last show I went to ( Croft RS show) I didn't touch it! :nope:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If it has rained during the journey (or is raining), I won't touch it. Ever.

If it's got muddy or splashed with gritty water, I won't touch it. Ever.

If it's dry and just dusty, first I thoroughly dust it off using the 'Dust Monster XL' (ignoring any :censored: taking or 'encouragement' from @moto and friends :laughing:) and then spray with detailer and wipe with a well saturated microfibre. If there's no dust to scratch it and the cloth is well lubed...it should be quite safe. I soak off bugs by holding a wet microfibre against them until they lift with no rubbing.

The Dust Monster XL is made of super-fine Merino wool and it does an extremely effective job of lifting the dust particles helped by static (and magic of some sort).

Ingredient Parasite Insect Food Dish Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

After that it gets a light buffing and another treatment using a sealant/gloss enhancer...and another buffing.

Same applies to the wheels, although they're more resilient.

I have no swirls. At all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
I never wash mine either once at a meet its the best it can be when it leaves the house if it's dry when I get there then bonus

There are outside taps where you park if it Knockhill on Sunday your talking about mate so just take your bucket soap and mit cold water tap by the way lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.