Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably been covered 103489503 times but I'm still new here...

Why?! I did purposely drive behind one from the M4 to the M40 via the A404 and then on the M40 from J4 to J9 just to remind him of what a real one looked like... Orange 5 door RS? Funniest thing I've seen all year :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the time you've bought an ST then all the RS bits and had the bumpers and bonnet painted... I thought for a second I'd missed the 5 door editions :laughing:

·
Registered
125 Posts
In Stoke there a lot of rs's knocking about and even more st's with misplaced bonnet vents! Everytime I was out in my RS id always come across a chav driving a ST who would literally be on my tailgate thinking I want to race. These imbeciles of the road are quickly making the focus the chav car on the road.

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
Don't see what the problem is. A lot of time and effort goes into some of these ST's and I would never belittle someone's pride and joy because of the badge on their car.

At the end of the day we are all supposed to be enthusiasts that share a passion. Not "mines better than yours."

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I had a tiny look at focusstoc today...there's a thread comparing the ST against the RS - and the general conclusion appears to be that the ST is a far superior car in every respect :yep:

Sharper performance unless you're up the top end. Seats are the same. At least £15,000 cheaper. There's no point in having an RS.

SO WHY DO THEY INSIST ON TRYING TO MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE AN RS :rofl:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Don't see what the problem is. A lot of time and effort goes into some of these ST's and I would never belittle someone's pride and joy because of the badge on their car.
At the end of the day we are all supposed to be enthusiasts that share a passion. Not "mines better than yours."
Plus 1

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I had a tiny look at focusstoc today...there's a thread comparing the ST against the RS - and the general conclusion appears to be that the ST is a far superior car in every respect :yep:

Sharper performance unless you're up the top end. Seats are the same. At least £15,000 cheaper. There's no point in having an RS.

SO WHY DO THEY INSIST ON TRYING TO MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE AN RS :rofl:
I have both and they are both different cars.... :yep: Wouldn't want my ST looking like my RS..

That's my opinion :smile:

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,094 Posts

And, having owned both, there's a degree of truth in that sentiment (however the seats are NOT the same, the ST seats are lovely armchairs). As an everyday, fast comfortable car the ST, especially an MP260 like mine was, is a nicer car to drive than the RS. But I prefer my RS and have absolutely no intentions of selling it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have both and they are both different cars.... :yep: Wouldn't want my ST looking like my RS..

That's my opinion :smile:
I've had both and I agree that are very different...and certainly wouldn't want my RS looking like an ST :laughing:

Here's the bottom line for me - I sold my ST :wink:

(we should stop this debate...it's silly)

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I've had both and I agree that are very different...and certainly wouldn't want my RS looking like an ST :laughing:

Here's the bottom line for me - I sold my ST :wink:

(we should stop this debate...it's silly)
Each to their own! I just wouldn't do it, Not to say it shouldn't be done .. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.