Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
Was at the petrol station today putting some fuel in the mule. Go to pay and the attendant / cashier (call him what you will), turns to me and says

Attendant ..."Nice car mate"

Me.... :blush:

Attendant.... "Been to Jap Fest a lot ?"

Me..... "Huh" :unsure:

Turned round to look at my car and make sure someone hadn't swapped it for a Honda Civic. Nope, it was still a RS Focus, so looked back at the guy still a bit confused .....

:unsure:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had one saying his dad had a GTR and a few RS's then asked if the Milltek exhaust was standard. The Shells around here are manned by idiots

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just after i picked mine up i was with a mate who was getting petrol, i waited outside and when he came out he was laughing and said the bloke had said to him 'Is that a custom paint job on that focus out there'

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
When i got mine, i went to Cornwall, parked up in a carpark, about to leave & a guy come running over to me, obviously never seen one in the flesh before said,

'Is that the new RS'?

'Yes, i said, it's 4 weeks old'

'It looks great, is that rear spoiler original or have you put it on yourself'???

I wasn't impressed & gave him a stern look before saying

'Pillock' shutting the door & driving off! :brow:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've had the Rs 4 months and I've never had a car which attracts so many comments.

"I quite like those fiestas" "Nice focus st" "is that body kit standard" "those focus st170 are rapid" ohh and my personal favourite being called a p***k by a guy in a corsa Vxr who I had never seen before. Maybe it's just the area I live in 😂

Callum

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
'It looks great, is that rear spoiler original or have you put it on yourself'???
Remember the guy at my local Shell garage commenting on how much he liked what I'd done with mine.

I told him I wasn't an extra from the Fast and the Furious and promptly left :mad:

·
Captain Slow
3,034 Posts
Back in 2009 shortly after I'd had picked up my brand spanking new RS I'd parked it on the drive and was just getting out when a guy got out of his car and looked admiringly at my car saying:-

Nice car mate.....especially for a "P" reg..........

Some of you will remember that my personal plate begins with a P but FFS it was obvious that it was brand new......how dumb are some people?!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I went into ford to buy some of those mist type washer jets a while back and the ford guy said what's that outside! (Ok it is red) I said the mk2 frs he goes oh looks nice but they didn't make to many red ones did they, I walked off at that point

·
Registered
68 Posts
Went to collect my dinner from the local Pizza Hut. Outside was a moped riding, roll up smoking youth. He was looking at the car as I pulled up. As I walked towards the shop he said to me " nice Evo mate, I bet that goes well". I said "really" he replied oh it's a ford... Not bad for a ford is that.. What a complete ******

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was having breakfast at a local outdoor cafe with my girl, as we finished there was this family looking at my car, unlocked the door as I approached and the guy said "nice fiesta. My wife is looking for a small car and this caught her eye"

·
Registered
795 Posts
Went into volvo main dealer for a top rad hose for our volvo v70. Parked rs outside showroom and when the guy gave me the hose he said is it for your kit car. To be honest i was a bit slow and replied no its for our v70.....when i got into the car i realised what he meant ....wanted to go back in and give him a piece of my mind.....but i cant spare it

·
Registered
64 Posts
My little cousin deserves a good punch to the grid.

He works full time as a salesman in a Citroen garage. Whilst discussing my car he tried telling me that "it's the citroen/peugeot engine in that isn't it"? Now he'd had a few, and isn't the brightest guy I know, but if we weren't at our grandad's wake he would have been wearing my pint. :facepalm: :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts