Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MR375 is great don't get me wrong but would like a bit more top end grunt, I'd be interested in Collins CP400 or CP420 or Revo 4+ but will there be much difference or am I better sticking with MR375?
MR375 is probably better in terms of value for selling on but I don't plan on doing that for a few years, ideally it would be perfect if I could have 2 maps on but not sure if that is possible?

All comments welcome ;)

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
I'd personally stick with mr375. I'm sure others will confirm but I've pushed Revo 4+ cars and Collins cars up the road. The mr375 can look after itself

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
As above MR420 if I was in your shoes. If it's down to cost then I would go for Collins. Revo is expensive going 4+ as you will need Meth ideally to keep things safe. But then again JWR offer a good package to.

·
Registered
971 Posts
You wanting more is mr420 not an option then
You've listed everyone else
I did think about MR420 mate but don't really want to change the turbo as I'll get tempted into forging it while I'm at it and before I know it it'll end up owing me a small fortune.....been there done that lol :laughing:

·
Registered
285 Posts
CP420HT is well worth the upgrade and if you get the cable can keep your original calibration :)

@carsey2014 made the switch and actually had a thread with the same question which would be worth checking out. Rest assured he didn't look back making the jump :)

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
I did think about MR420 mate but don't really want to change the turbo as I'll get tempted into forging it while I'm at it and before I know it it'll end up owing me a small fortune.....been there done that lol :laughing:
So that's a yes then :grin:
Its not the exspensive
You can recoup some selling the turbo

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
We made the switch from mountune 350 to CP420 had 375 on my FW
Personally I love the Cp 420 it drives better in my oppionion smoother and just feels easier to drive at lowere round town speeds , it's a personal choice @Grey had a blast in mine maybe he can give an oppionion after driving her ,

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
We made the switch from mountune 350 to CP420 had 375 on my FW
Personally I love the Cp 420 it drives better in my oppionion smoother and just feels easier to drive at lowere round town speeds , it's a personal choice @Grey had a blast in mine maybe he can give an oppionion after driving her ,
I can only compare Revo 4 to CP420 which would be it feels more lary :lol: feels great on the road lots of Torque and if you have mechanical sympathy clutch will be fine!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
@basilbrush went from MR375 to CP420! :yep:
His opinion would be one to listen to! :nice:
Here is my thread from the start of the year when I moved from MR375 to CP420.

http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/151090-mr375-cp420-switch/

I tend to agree with Lisa, I find the Collns map smoother than the MR375 I'm not knocking Mountune at all don't get me wrong, however at the time I wanted something more and Mountune where still not ready to launch the MR420. to be honest I fancied trying something different, I'd previously had MP350 and MR375 so it was good to try another tuners software, I also cannot fault the service I have received from both Gary and Martin @ Collins.

Ive since added a Collns actuator and currently run their HT version of the 420 map, it certainly has a punch low down and so far so good no issues To report, I also find that the collins map keeps pulling and pulling through the Rev range.

You only needed a set of Siemens injectors and the software from collins if you are already MR375, a cheap route to gain the extra power, i have also gone for the i-flash cable so I can switch between maps at any time I like. I use my car daily I would say the 420 can be easy Round town or a bit of a handful when putting your foot down all in all I'm very happy with the switch, after it would be boring if we all picked the same route :nice:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is my thread from the start of the year when I moved from MR375 to CP420. http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/151090-mr375-cp420-switch/
I tend to agree with Lisa, I find the Collns map smoother than the MR375 I'm not knocking Mountune at all don't get me wrong, however at the time I wanted something more and Mountune where still not ready to launch the MR420. to be honest I fancied trying something different, I'd previously had MP350 and MR375 so it was good to try another tuners software, I also cannot fault the service I have received from both Gary and Martin @ Collins.
Ive since added a Collns actuator and currently run their HT version of the 420 map, it certainly has a punch low down and so far so good no issues To report, I also find that the collins map keeps pulling and pulling through the Rev range.
You only needed a set of Siemens injectors and the software from collins if you are already MR375, a cheap route to gain the extra power, i have also gone for the i-flash cable so I can switch between maps at any time I like. I use my car daily I would say the 420 can be easy Round town or a bit of a handful when putting your foot down all in all I'm very happy with the switch, after it would be boring if we all picked the same route :nice:
Excellent post and info mate, thanks for sharing ;)
Definitely leading to CP420 now and I like the idea of this I-flash cable, not entirely sure what it is but I'm going to find some info on it now 8)
I've had the pleasure of Gary working on my car before when I had the dreaded MR375 ECU problems, they just cloned me another one and I too cannot fault the service from CP.

Thanks for all the info so far from everyone, love the knowledge on here :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Top end grunt? What's that actually mean? Having actually achieved a sub 5 secs to 60 time in my MR375 (just once mind!) how fast do you need on real roads? Also what does smooth mean? I hear that a lot. I have no trouble at all with 'smoothness' in mine. It feels totally factory. Also if you have to drive 'sympathetically' in a road car then I'd suggest the mechanicals are not right!

However, I appreciate that people enjoy change for changes sake and the best advice is drive a car with the state of tune you fancy before deciding. Trouble is it is addictive isn't it?

·
Premium Member
MK2 MR420 Clubsport
730 Posts
I think we should all get together at an airfield and have a drag race say rolling from second gear upwards.
Then at least we can see some proper results not a dyno lottery!!!
Something like this should have been organised years ago IMO.

Back on topic, I had thought of going seimens injectors and CP420 but then mountune released the MR420 and I have since purchased the mountune rods and pistons so no turning back now :facepalm:

I've heard great things about Collins maps so if you're after more power it seems the most cost effective route to go :nice:

Simon

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.