Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
This has probably been brought up before......:laughing:

Always have my steering setting in sport mode but thought I'd try it in comfort for a bit, I was surprised by how much it reduced the torque steer (not that there is a lot anyway), anyone else noticed this?

Not a fan of how the steering feels in comfort tho so going to try normal for a bit now, might get best of both lol!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
This has probably been brought up before......:laughing:

Always have my steering setting in sport mode but thought I'd try it in comfort for a bit, I was surprised by how much it reduced the torque steer (not that there is a lot anyway), anyone else noticed this?

Not a fan of how the steering feels in comfort tho so going to try normal for a bit now, might get best of both lol!
I've drove mine in comfort since day one... Love it haha!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I used to like it in sport, but I found after some journeys my arm would hurt (insert wimp joke here) so now I have it comfort, I feel like in this mode it's easier to chuck it around

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Couldn't stand the whine from the pump in sport mode, in normal now.

Never tried comfort, sounds like perhaps I should :blink:

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
I have mine in normal mode all the time.

Briefly tried comfort, didn't get more than a couple of hundred yards before I stopped and switched it back.

I found sport way to heavy for everyday driving and forgot to switch it to that for a lap round the ring, but I probably would have found it way too heavy for there.

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
I don't find the steering feels heavy at all in sport mode. I tried comfort once in the first week of ownership & found the steering felt like you had to turn the wheel a fair bit before the car would react, it felt awful & vague.

It feels really direct in sport mode so that's where it's stayed ever since :yep:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I felt that comfort was way to light, sport to heavy so I've left mine in normal mode which feels best for me but since owning my RS I've not really tried playing with the settings verses torque steer although I can agree with the OP I don't find that too much of an issue personally.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I thought when I bought mine it was on sport setting , I didn't give it another thought until seeing this thread , so checked today and it was on standard , so basically I've driven it for the month or so I've owned the car on standard setting . I want to see what the other two settings are like , so today I set it to sport and went for a 30 minute drive on A & B roads , then changed it to comfort and did the same .

Sport mode felt like I was back driving my Impreza but with under inflated tyres, felt much more mechanical , allot heavier than standard , definatley not nice on our roads for every day driving .
Comfort mode felt virtually the same as standard , I could barely tell any difference , maybe a little lighter feel .

I will be trying the sport setting at brands hatch next month where I think it will come into its own , but for every day driving I will be keeping it on standard :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.