Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot make my mind up between these 2 love the blue but think every Rs you you see will be blue and it does stand out the most bit like my ug Rs did , but think the grey has a good look about it with a bit more black added in places will look great and it will be rarer as well,

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'd get what you want rather than worrying about what everyone else has got. Just don't get one and know your going to see one in the other colour and go ' wish I got that colour'

I don't think the RS is Gona be like the ST now where you see one every 10 minutes :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm going to wait for the first batch of RS to sell see them In the flesh first before jumping the gun not in a rush rather get a later model mk3 when some of the issues have been ironed out and the tuners have started building packages up,

I personally love the grey it looks more of secret sports car killer

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Always buy a car for you... you have to drive it and live with it.

Don't spec it for someone else either, just get what you want. There will always be a market for it come resale time so don't worry. After all its not like a diesel focus where there are going to be 1000's to choose from at any one time.

I think the Nitrous Blue is stunning, but i wanted understated so went black. People in the know will still recognise it and i'll know so that's all that matters

I've got a feeling the Stealth grey will become more popular as it is a 'fashion colour' like orange in 2005/6 and bright greens in 2009/10, so expect popularity to increase over the next couple of years

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the white, or the blue, but wont order one till I see it on the road.

I still think the car needs to have mods applied, but it is a good starting canvas. The wheels will be my starting point, as I won't get the forged wheels. Aftermarkets look so much better.

I wont have the callipers painted if I get the white RS. I like yellow on a white car with black wheels.

Only extras I'd get will be CS seats and the Sync2 (hopefully Sync3 when its released) nav system, with tinted rears.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Although it might seem like blue might be almost common it really wont be as we're just a drop in the ocean on here. A couple of hundred blue ones means you'll still hardy ever see one on the road.
Agreed, small number when you think last year there was 35million cars registered in the UK

(That's not new cars registered just the amount of cars) probably more as not every one is legal

·
Registered
261 Posts
Does anyone know how many rebel blue V40's were sold in the Uk up to now. I ask as I bought one a few years back as I liked the colour and it was different from all the others. Now everywhere I drive I see another one. Just wondering what the numbers were like in comparison to give an idea how often you will see one. That said going back to my cosworth days the only real time you saw many of them was at shows and regional meetings so I cant see you thinking you made the wrong choice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cannot make my mind up between these 2 love the blue but think every Rs you you see will be blue and it does stand out the most bit like my ug Rs did , but think the grey has a good look about it with a bit more black added in places will look great and it will be rarer as well,
I did exactly the same went with NB and rang yesterday and changed to SG with a view to adding some gloss black features.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thankfully Ford has only given us the choice of 4 colours, just imagine the sleeples nights if they were offering dark blue and red as well.

I remember when everyone was buying their STi in WRC blue with gold wheels, similar I think to the way that most now seem to be going for NB with black wheels on the RS.

At the time I bought a STi in silver with silver wheels and never regretted the choice for a moment.

Moral of my story, go for the colour you like the most it's going to be great whatever.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Although Blue is the bold colour choice, Stealth would be the bold decision.

I was not convinced with stealth grey until i saw a few ST's with black wheels at ford fair which changed my mind.

That said still Nitrous for me

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.