Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
dont most systems have this. I have a V40 at the moment, all you have to do is put the clutch back in and it tries to start again. I assumed this would be the same for all start stop sytems.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I thought it was interesting that the peak boost on the US psec car is 23.2 psi or 1.6 bar, which is pretty high. I guess Mountune will go to about 1.9 bar peak with the MP380 ish tune. Also the peak torque is at 3200rpm. The dyno graph put out for the Euro spec car is flat from 2000 - 4500rpm but that is for the limited torque level not the 15 second burst level.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
i don't understand the whole stop start thing, most of the time my fiat 500 doesn't cut out at lights.

·
previously GrahamS
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont most systems have this. I have a V40 at the moment, all you have to do is put the clutch back in and it tries to start again. I assumed this would be the same for all start stop sytems.
It doesn't work this way on my partners KA. If you stall it then you have to turn it on again manually. Maybe Ford are just playing catch up with other manufacturers

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
I thought it was interesting that the peak boost on the US psec car is 23.2 psi or 1.6 bar, which is pretty high. I guess Mountune will go to about 1.9 bar peak with the MP380 ish tune. Also the peak torque is at 3200rpm. The dyno graph put out for the Euro spec car is flat from 2000 - 4500rpm but that is for the limited torque level not the 15 second burst level.
It depends what the issues are, Mountune didn't go chasing boost for the mk2 MP350 they just improved the breathing of the system.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i don't understand the whole stop start thing, most of the time my fiat 500 doesn't cut out at lights.
My Mrs has a 1.6 tdci focus (2014) with start stop, took delivery in November and didn't realise it had start/stop till February when the engine stopped while she was sitting idling on our drive, this was the first time it activated! :blush:

There are a few factors that will auto disable it such as having the air con selected on, outside temp, and battery charge level

I still dont understand how the stop start system will work i.e turbo cooling etc?
Good point, Also wouldn't this also be the case for all turbo models inc diesels?

·
Registered
816 Posts
the sinlge most annoying feature of any car! the 2 cars ive used with stop start both restart if stalling one is seat and the other mini turn it off every time i get in the other halfs mini

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Mk3 ST does this.. if you stall then putting the clutch in will re-start it. Unfortunately I forgot about this feature the other day and reaching for the button ended up turning the engine off again :facepalm:

I don't know why people find it annoying or a pain tbh, the restart is pretty much instant. If you don't stop with the clutch up it doesn't stop anyway, I tend to wait in traffic in gear with the clutch in. It's only when I know I'm going to be sat in a queue for a while that I put it in neutral.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts